GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Defi Blue Racer Gauges [Installed]

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
The control unit has a remote sensor. Tap into the vac line as normal, and connect that to the sensor that sits in your engine bay (well, that's where I've put it in my car, makes more sense). Then run the data wire from the sensor to the Control Unit II in the car.

The Defi Blue Racers don't require a Control Unit, but I believe the sensor operates in the same way.

Kricket

v-dubber, once again...
The Defi Blue Racers don't require a Control Unit, but I believe the sensor operates in the same way.

youre exactly right - the way it works on those:
- you tap into the vac line (like you would with any boost gauge)
- then you run the vac source to the sensor
- from the sensor, you run the electrical signal to the back of the gauge

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
wow what a PITA... kinda makes me not want to do it.

:thumbsup:

Any thread adaptors needed or is the Defi oil pressure sensor a straight bolt on?

Also any tips on where to put an oil temp sensor?

-wiretap-

hax0r

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
:thumbsup: Thanks bud.

Oil temp sensor location ideas anyone...?? don't reall want to put it into the sump plug, can just see the dealership breaking it.

Yes if DIY or picture would be great help!

ard

Ready to race!

so the feed line actually connects through a banjo and the newsouth banjoport would replace the bolt that is holding the end of the feed line in place?

is it important to have the 90deg port on the banjoport line up with the feed line or does it work regardless?

and i guess the crush washers would go on either side of the banjo... anyone know a torque spec?

Last edited:

GTI_JMD

I <3 boost!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That looks great! DEFI gauges FTW!!! :thumbup:

ard

Ready to race!
:thumbsup: Thanks bud.

Oil temp sensor location ideas anyone...?? don't reall want to put it into the sump plug, can just see the dealership breaking it.

you would use one of these in the banjoport to do the pressure AND temp...?

http://newsouthperformance.com/fitting.htm

seems like the oil flow at the temp sensor would be kind of stagnant tho, don't know how accurate that would be.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Those are beautiful gauges in a very clean setup. I would buy that gauge but it's a little pricey so I'll just stick with a more OEM looking NS gauge+column pod until I want the triple pod for when I go BT.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion

so the feed line actually connects through a banjo and the newsouth banjoport would replace the bolt that is holding the end of the feed line in place?

is it important to have the 90deg port on the banjoport line up with the feed line or does it work regardless?

and i guess the crush washers would go on either side of the banjo... anyone know a torque spec?

The newsouth banjo adaptor says 30nm on its instructions. I've got no idea how to get a torque wrench back there :S a friend advised to put some threadlock on there as well, and to not use the teflon tape... I'll have a go at fitting this gauge over the weekend.

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
The newsouth banjo adaptor says 30nm on its instructions. I've got no idea how to get a torque wrench back there :S a friend advised to put some threadlock on there as well, and to not use the teflon tape... I'll have a go at fitting this gauge over the weekend.

Make sure you post up some photo's of the sensor installed :thumbsup:

ekk20

Go Kart Champion

that is close to impossible to reach!