GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Defi Blue Racer Gauges [Installed]

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
that is close to impossible to reach!

No it's not, I did it easily enough (albeit forgetting the lower crush washer, causing an oil leak... since resolved :p ) Took about an hour all told, being careful with everything. Torque spec is 30nM.

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
No it's not, I did it easily enough (albeit forgetting the lower crush washer, causing an oil leak... since resolved :p ) Took about an hour all told, being careful with everything. Torque spec is 30nM.

Thanks for the additional info. I'm wondering which gauges you have and which brand you chose?

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
nice! are you able to adjust brightness? or like wiretap you just left it on full brightness the whole time?

GTIWV

WV VW
i have a defi blue racer boost gauge in a OSIR gauge pod, i love both of them.

GTIWV

WV VW
or you could hook up the dimming wire to the headlight switch so they dim? Or possibly to the dimmer to adjust them.

Yellow_Pheonix

Ready to race!
I just installed the Defi Racer on mine and I really like it. If you connect one of the wire to the illumination source (aka the solid gray of the light switch harness) then the gauge will dim when lights are ON. However, the gauge will flicker if you turn the dimmer switch lower (the voltage is too low to keep the gauge constant).

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
I am using the DEFI Gauges with the Defi-link... Great quality... The old saying "you get what you pay for" rings true... WAY better quality than the AWE gauge... I had my installation done so they have their own fuse etc. I do have the white faces however and I am going to try and see if I can change the speedo etc to a white light... if the R32 panel had red needles I would be all over it... Thought the white matched the RNS510 better than the blue... But the MK6 has the white setup and even has the same sort of startup as the defi gauges do... not sure of the logistics of doing a retrofit but I am still researching...

GTIWV

WV VW
I just installed the Defi Racer on mine and I really like it. If you connect one of the wire to the illumination source (aka the solid gray of the light switch harness) then the gauge will dim when lights are ON. However, the gauge will flicker if you turn the dimmer switch lower (the voltage is too low to keep the gauge constant).

Im doin this when school lets out in about a week and a half. I havnt had time since august(hell, i was lucky to have time to install the gauge) and i didnt know which wire it was. I read somewhere that is was the yellow/gray wire. but hell, ill go with the solid gray one. as long as it dims im fine. lol

Yellow_Pheonix

Ready to race!
I don't remember the exact color codes for the wires. However, if you follow the instruction and connect one to a constant 12v, one to an ignition source and one the illumination (solid gray) then your gauge will light up during the day and dims when you turn on the headlight. I seen a few people actually connected both wires to the solid gray and have their gauges dim all the time. I actually like the bright blue so I might require and have both wire on the ignition source so that it will always be bright. by the way, there are some spares slots for constant and ignition sources on the fuse pannel. So if you are lazy like me, go to the autopart store and get couple of those Tap a fuse and voilla...

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Any good online stores to buy the Blue Racer?