GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Vag Com - Change headlight washer to work on 5th pull of wiper

Is it possible to change the headlight washer to work on every 5th pull of the wiper lever instead of spraying on every pull with the headlights on? I looked in the VAG-COM Sticky PDF but there are only steps to: disable, change the spray duration and activation time delay. I've searched...
  2. M

Anyone able to activate the Aux Heater with Vagcom?

Anyone in Canada able to activate the Aux Heater with Vag Com? It seems that some cars have it installed but it's not activated for the US cars. Is it the same for Canada?
  3. M

"Ultimate" insult to my GTI

I was getting my car valet parked at a hotel and the valet wrote down "Honda Civic" on the claim ticket. :tongue:
  4. M

VW Golf 1st in Class/8th overall 24 Hour Race @ Nurburgring

Congrats to the VW Motorsport "R-Line" Golf V for finishing 1st in Class (2L turbo cars) and 8th overall (out of 200+ cars) at the 24-Hour Race at the Nürburgring, Germany. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Only more powerful GT cars finished ahead but the Golf also beat many other GT cars like Porsche...
  5. M

Polish out windshield scratch?

As mentioned on an earlier thread the windshield seems to scratch fairly easily. I found a 2.5" scratch near eye level :cry: on my windshield. Not sure how it happend if I did it with my ice scraper or grit on the wiper blades. The scratch is not deep but is definitely noticeable. I'm...
  6. M

GTI plastic side skirts wear too quickly

With just a few weeks of salted and sanded roads here I find that the black plastic side skirts are already showing noticeable wear. It looks kind "ragged" and rough looking underneath. At first I thought it was dirt but it doesn't wash off. Maybe I need to get splash guards but I'm not sure...
  7. M

Headlight washer - Canadian Spec

My headlight washer seems to spray all the time when I have my lights on. Is this normal for Canadian spec GTI? In the manual it said that it supposed to be only activated every 5th time the window sprayer goes on. It definitely doesn't do that! I'm just wondering we got a different setup than...
  8. M

2nd remote key works different from 1st one

I just tested my 2nd remote key and I noticed it behaves differently from my first remote. I setup my car so the horn doesn't chirp when I lock it with the remote. So when I use the 2nd remote the chirp is back on when I lock the car. The chrip is stil disabled when I use the 1st remote...
  9. M

GTI sits too high

Does anybody else out there find the ride hight on the your car kind of high? I feel like I'm driving a mini van when I'm driving my car. It really seems apparent when I pull up beside a small SUV and it seems that I'm at about the same hight. This is my first new car in over 10 years and I...