GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight washer - Canadian Spec

marvr

Sportscar Guy
My headlight washer seems to spray all the time when I have my lights on. Is this normal for Canadian spec GTI? In the manual it said that it supposed to be only activated every 5th time the window sprayer goes on. It definitely doesn't do that!

I'm just wondering we got a different setup than the USA GTi. It seems that the owner's manual that we get here is incorrect or doesn't mention many things. e.g. there is no AC button but there is a ECON button, no mention about the AUX audio jack in the glove box, no mention of launch control on DSG.

.:B

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
07 GTI
Mine used to do the same thing, but for some reason it's back to normal now.

Car(s)
07 GTI
Before it would spray everytime i had my headlights on, but now I think its bak to every 5th time. I'll have to check again later to make sure

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
the head light washers when the headlights are on will spray the first time from start up and then every 5 times after that. not sure if turning the lights off/on resets the counter. i find them pointless just spray fluid all over the hood

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
mine spray every single time i use the washer for the windows, so annoying

notsolinear

Takes his fast for rides
It could be getting lost in the wording, but my impression was that in a single sitting, with the lights on, if you repeatedly pull back on the washer stalk it'll spray the windshield every time, but the headlights only the first and every 5th time after that. That way if your windshield keeps getting dirty during a drive you can continue to wash it off without wasting it on the lights as often. If you wash once ever drive it'll still always do the headlights too the first time.

Though, if I'm sitting at a stoplight or something I just flick the lights off, spray, and turn em back on to avoid getting the front end all wet.

Car(s)
07 GTI
ok i just tried mine, and it sprays every single time with the lights on..

76er

Madman With Wheels
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Hmm. Interesting.

I'll check mine a little later and get back to ya.

mawti

From the Lane
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
My car seems to be doing that too. Does anyone know if this only affects the post-week 50 cars or all? When were all of your cars made?

The MFD date for mine says 07/06 on the side of the door. (and if that stands for July 6th, I share the same birthdate as my car :smoking: )

marvr

Sportscar Guy
My car seems to be doing that too. Does anyone know if this only affects the post-week 50 cars or all? When were all of your cars made?

The MFD date for mine says 07/06 on the side of the door. (and if that stands for July 6th, I share the same birthdate as my car :smoking: )

My car made late 09/06 and it sprays all the time with the headlights on. I've been reading other posts and it seems many USA cars have the same thing.

76er

Madman With Wheels
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Mine goes on all the time when the lights are on... Have anyone disabled the headlight washers? If so, how?

I just tried it this morning and it does the same thing as well - Lights on, washers on.

Mokona

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine only spray the first time I use the washers after I turn on the car.. every subsequent wipe, it's only the window washer that turns on... unless it's the fifth time i wipe.