GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI sits too high

marvr

Sportscar Guy
Does anybody else out there find the ride hight on the your car kind of high?

I feel like I'm driving a mini van when I'm driving my car. It really seems apparent when I pull up beside a small SUV and it seems that I'm at about the same hight.

This is my first new car in over 10 years and I have noticed in general that most new cars these days do sit much higher than before. I guess you can't avoid it unless you get some kind of low slung sports car or something.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
After market suspensions ftw!

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
yup why every refers to it as 4x4. almost everyones first mod is the ride height.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I almost feel like I need a 4-5" drop :laugh: so lowering springs will not get the car low enough. I guess I can always get slightly lower seats.

I'll just have to get use to the hight that's all :biggrin:

I have the Koni cup kit which is only 1.5-1.6 inch drop, not too low, but plenty for me. I like it because I don't like to hastle with speed bumps, etc. The cool thing about the cup kit is that it comes with the Koni springs and Koni yellow shocks, so for a fairly decent price, it's a great system.

It has some adjustability, but not as much as a full coil over which will give you greater drop, and a stiffer ride. It is, however, half the price (the cup kit is half of a coil over). It's all up to you on how much of a drop you want. I've seen a 2 inch drop on a MKV, and it's really tight, like maybe a finger or less, looks really good I think. I think that's plenty of a drop.