GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mel22b

1. mel22b

ITG Filter

About 10,000 kms ago I changed my stock filter out for an ITG. I took it off the other day to check if it was clean. I pulled the housing off the engine (wtf is with that super design), flipped it over and there was oil all over the case. I took it apart and the inside was full of oil. My...
  2. mel22b

New Pics Of My GTI

3. mel22b

Polishing unpainted skirts?

Just wondering if there is a way to polish the plastic skirts to shine em up. I was thinking armourall may do it. Let me know if you have any ideas.
  4. mel22b

Seat?

I could be wrong but I think I saw a SEAT at the Chevron on West Georgia downtown yesterday. Thats a long way out of Europe.
  5. mel22b

Ride Quality Improvement?

Hey guys, I am wondering what would be the best way to get a slight improvement in ride quality? My main pet peeve is the harshness of my car on small bumps. I was thinking about going to a 235/40/18 tire that is a bit more plush, but wanted to ask prior. Also if the tire size would help...
  6. mel22b

My wheels are so sweet

I drive into a shop in North Van called Scan Automotive. They work on european cars, mostly Porsche. My buddy that works there says, 'why didnt you get the big wheels'? He goes in the back and pulls out a brand new set of Ultraleggeras that a guys just ordered for his 911. 20 inchers with...
  7. mel22b

Eagle F1 Asymmetric

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with these tires. Tirerack raves about 'em. Looking for a good summer tire in the next few months. Down to: PS2 RE050 pp Conti CSC 3 Then read this: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=101 (yep, the first sunny day in...
  8. mel22b

Just More Horsepower Please

Hey guys. I have enough torque but want more HP in the 5-7000 RPM range. Any ideas that dont include a larger turbo? My guess is a downpipe and stage two. This comes with a bunch more torque and I guess more is better. I just find with front wheel drive a bunch of low end torque just leads to...
  9. mel22b

Simple Green remove wax?

I bought a big bottle of Simple Green car wash soap and I am wondering if it will remove the wax on my car? Should I use it regularly or just when I am going to wax after? Also is there a dedicated pre-soak soap that works well? Thanks
  10. mel22b

Wilwood Brake Kit?

I was looking at this kit and wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Thanks in advance.
  11. mel22b

Techtonic Downpipe Only?

Just wondering if anyone is running the Techtonic downpipe with the stock cat back. If so, is there still a sufficient HP/TQ gain to make it worth the cost and labour? Also if anyone had some sound files of it, please pass em on. Yes, I am trying to get more power with little noise. Thanks...
  12. mel22b

More pics of my 08

Sorry guys they are a bit dark. Just got my springs in and my GPS installed.
  13. mel22b

New Springs, Lotsa Noise?

I just had my Eibach Prokit springs installed and when I drive over large bumps or speed bumps there is a noise from the front end. Its a very noticeable. Is this suppose to happen? Did they do something wrong during install?
  14. mel22b

Chipped. How long did your DV last?

I am getting a ECU flash to stage 1 and I am wondering if I should just get a new DV now or can I wait. Is it just a matter of time or is there actually a very low chance it will fail? If its an 80% chance that it will fail in a week then I'll order now. I just worry that the retailers are...