GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ride Quality Improvement?

mel22b

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I am wondering what would be the best way to get a slight improvement in ride quality? My main pet peeve is the harshness of my car on small bumps. I was thinking about going to a 235/40/18 tire that is a bit more plush, but wanted to ask prior. Also if the tire size would help, please pass on some summer tire suggestions.

Setup:
08 Gti
Eibach Prokit
Stock Shocks
Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S 225/40/18
18x8" Rims

Thanks in advance

I hear KoniFSD shocks help the ride some. I'm on the OEM euro springs and i'm looking for a softer ride. Soon as the tax return comes in.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yes, shocks may help. Unfortunetely, with bigger rims/less tire sidewall, and lowering springs, you are going to have a stiffer ride. Can't have the best of both worlds.

I'm sure some tires ride softer than others, but the ones that do have stiffer sidewalls may be better for performance.

I know my 215/55/16 winter setup with my cupkit is pretty decent, but even it rides stiffer than the stock 06 springs with the 17" Classix.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Either try some Koni FSD shocks, or maybe some decent coilovers with damping adjustment, but that's a lot of money just for ride quality. You have to make sacrifices somewhere.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Lightweight 16" rims are the way to go if you don't want to sacrifice the stock braking and what the least amount of rotational mass. A few guys are degrading their brakes for 15" rims, but they are putting slicks on them for 1/4 racing.

Draw007

pdx_rox
I think I'll stick with my 19"s....:biggrin:

If I want to race, I'll get a race car.