GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chipped. How long did your DV last?

mel22b

Ready to race!
I am getting a ECU flash to stage 1 and I am wondering if I should just get a new DV now or can I wait. Is it just a matter of time or is there actually a very low chance it will fail? If its an 80% chance that it will fail in a week then I'll order now. I just worry that the retailers are hyping the failures up a bit to sell more goods.

Just trying to save a bit a cash.

Thanks in advance guys.

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I would suggest waiting until your DV actually blows, then just hop on the wagon and get a DV! or you can play it safe and get it now with your chip

Lolly Baggins

LOL JK!
Car(s)
08 Mk5 GTi - Candy W
I would suggest waiting until your DV actually blows, then just hop on the wagon and get a DV! or you can play it safe and get it now with your chip

You can go either way...if you wait...then you'll be kicking yourself when it actually blows and not have the DV right with you. Plus if you change it now while your DV is good you can keep the stock one to either sell it or keep it if you ever decide to sell your car and put it back to stock. Plus, building engine internals is probably the best thing you can do for reliability and just a piece of mind. Toyota did it for the Supra owners by making probably the strongest engine block ever. 800+HP stock block only bolt ons anyone? :headbang: :smoking:

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
Toyota did it for the Supra owners by making probably the strongest engine block ever. 800+HP stock block only bolt ons anyone? :headbang: :smoking:

Try over 1000whp!

All things considered and for the reasons previously mentioned, it's a perfectly reasonable option to upgrade the valve now so as not to have to worry about it later.

Pretty much all currently available valve options, ours in particular, are perfectly suitable for a bone stock car up to a heavily modified stock turbo application.

It can be used now without any measurable change to the valve's operation. Once you get chipped and start doing other modifications, the transition will be seemless as a more reliable valve upgrade is already done. :thumbsup:

mel22b

Ready to race!
It may take me a bit to get one if I order it after it fails. Can I drive with the stock one blown?

generic83

lol wheel spin
upgrade now so you dont have to worry about trouble shooting it later.

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
It's almost gauranteed you're going to blow your stock DV, so you might as well go with the Forge replacement or BSH DV right off the bat.

-- at least that's my two cents.

bcze1

You people make me laugh
Its up to you, there are a lot of people running software and the OEM DV. I've personally got over 7k miles of REVO on the OEM valve. And IF your DV goes, you can still drive the car, you just won't have more than 10lbs of boost. But its not like it renders the engine totally inoperable.

natypes

Ready to race!
I've had mine chipped since June of '06 and I think my dv is still good. I'm not positive, but it seems like it. I have a boost guage that's waiting on my motivation so I can be for sure.

QUESTION:
Do all aftermarket dv's sound like the forge? That one is a bit obnoxious to me.

crabpot

Awesomesauce
I've had mine chipped since June of '06 and I think my dv is still good. I'm not positive, but it seems like it. I have a boost guage that's waiting on my motivation so I can be for sure.

QUESTION:
Do all aftermarket dv's sound like the forge? That one is a bit obnoxious to me.

You are thinking of the forge spacer, not the DV. The DV doesn't make any sounds, it's the spacer that sounds like a BOV.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
mike @ forge, are DV's on sale for the holiday? they should be they seem to sell like hot cakes.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
still on orig DV on MY06 GTI...been REVO'd since 10K and I am now at 36K.