GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ewoo

1. ewoo

Lift Gate Trim Hook Repair

Like many of you the little hook that the tonneau cover hangs on broke off. Well, I ordered the part and replaced it. The piece was inexpensive. It required disassembling the interior trim on the lift gate as shown here: http://bit.ly/1qsN3ME You have to get to the "interior window trim"...
  2. ewoo

2010 Jetta Climatic Control Retrofit?

Hey guys, yesterday, I took in my GTI for service and the got a ride back home on a 2010 Jetta. I noticed that it had a set of HVAC (Climatic) controls I'd never seen before... I'm in the process of upgrading from Premium 7 Headunit to a RCD-510 and I thought that it might be a better fit...
  3. ewoo

Part No for Scirocco AUX in Finishing Jack?

Anyone know the part number for this OEM Aux in jack?
  4. ewoo

Side Mirror Convenience (Surround) Lights

Anyone know where I can source these under-side mirror convenience lights? My US spec Golf GTI doesn't come with them. :(
  5. ewoo

WTB: Revo SPS Plus

I'm looking for a Revo SPS Plus switch. Revo currently has a promo for the SPS Plus switch for $199 if you got their ECU flash recently. I got mine 1 month before their promo so they won't sell it to me at that price. Would be great if someone could sell me one for around that price. :thumbup:
  6. ewoo

A Counterpoint on the "Drive-Feel" of a chipped GTI

So, I got a Revo Stage 1 flash about two weeks ago. And I've gotta say, I like it A LOT. (Delivers as promised and no issues at all.) I'm not here to argue about which CHIP is the best or puts out the best numbers, etc... The one thing I didn't expect though, was how much you appreciate the...
  7. ewoo

In Japan, who makes the nav headunit?

Hey GTI/Golf owners in Japan! I've seen pictures of GTI's in Japan and it looks like the headunit (with built-in Navigation) fills-up the double-din slot nicely. Who makes those headunit, what are the sizes of the screens and are there any CAN-BUS interface adapters for those? Also, the...
  8. ewoo

Flash '06 Headunit to display "AUX IN"?

So, I've got a PIE AUX-IN adapter hooked-up to my PKG0 headunit. So when I press "CD" button twice, it switches to "CD EXT". I've seen somewhere that the '07 headunits display "AUX IN" instead. Is the trigger wiring the same? Would it be possible to flash my headunit so that it displays "AUX...
  9. ewoo

VAG-COM to improve factory Sound System's sound!?!?

So, I was poking around with my VAG-COM---trying to reset some radio related fault codes and under Radio, I noticed that there was a bit for "Sound Compensation". The choices included 0 - No Sound System, 1 - Cloth Interior (with Open Circuit detection), 2 - Leather Interior (with Open Circuit...
  10. ewoo

Where Can I Find this Cloth Wire Harness Tape?

Hey guys, I'm looking for this specific cloth tape for bundling extra wiring behind my stereo. I've looked all around (Home Depot, AutoZone, RadioShack, etc...) but can't find it. Originally, I thought what I needed was friction tape but that wasn't it. Any of you audio guys know where I can...
  11. ewoo

My Exterior Mods Complete!

The look I was aiming for was EU OEM+ (a mouthful, I know). :biggrin: Subtle but delicious, nevertheless. Here's a comparo shot. Day 1 vs. Day 130. (I've got yellow fog lights too, btw.)
  12. ewoo

Torque Steer Issues with Chipped GTI?

Anyone out there with a chipped GTI have any torque-steer issues on the track? I'm seriously considering getting the Revo Stage 1 but I'm concerned that the increase torque will make accelerating out of a corner more difficult. Comments appreciated!
  13. ewoo

Wheel Alignment After Suspension Install...

After installing my Euro springs, my steering wheel is off-center (about 10 degrees left) and I can notice that the front right wheel has a toe out. I intend to get all wheels aligned after my srings settled (after about 2000km)... but I think the toe-out is significant enough that I should...
  14. ewoo

Euro Springs Installed

Got my springs installed today. Finally. Whew. Thanks to: Mike @ parts4vw (springs & superb service as always), Damian @ TMTuning (for bump stops)--and John and Kris @ Grossman Tuning for their efficient, professional work! Delta: 22mm (0.87in) in front and 15mm (0.60in) in the rear. (And the...
  15. ewoo

Cleaning the Matte Leather Steering Wheel

Hey, any of you guys/gals know of a good leather cleaning product that doesn't leave the leather oily or shiny---while not drying it out? I'd like to clean my leather steering wheel but don't want to make it all smooth and shiny. (I really love the matte, shark-skin quality to it!)