GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Jetta Climatic Control Retrofit?

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
Hey guys, yesterday, I took in my GTI for service and the got a ride back home on a 2010 Jetta. I noticed that it had a set of HVAC (Climatic) controls I'd never seen before...

I'm in the process of upgrading from Premium 7 Headunit to a RCD-510 and I thought that it might be a better fit cosmetically.

Any of you know if I can retrofit these controls onto my mk5 GTI without much issues? (Aside from the seat warmers not being hooked up on mine.)

Attachments

• IMG_1939.jpg
    IMG_1939.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 4,864
  • IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1945.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 6,539

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Hey guys, yesterday, I took in my GTI for service and the got a ride back home on a 2010 Jetta. I noticed that it had a set of HVAC (Climatic) controls I'd never seen before...

I'm in the process of upgrading from Premium 7 Headunit to a RCD-510 and I thought that it might be a better fit cosmetically.

Any of you know if I can retrofit these controls onto my mk5 GTI without much issues? (Aside from the seat warmers not being hooked up on mine.)

I've heard the climactic retrofit is one of the hardest to do. You have to basically take part the dash and install sensors. :iono: someone correct me if I'm wrong

Or are you just trying to do this knobs?

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
It looks nice, but I had the climatronic and it's such a small car, you can't really have 2 zones going. It works, but not great. Also, I remember VW having a TON of electrical issues with it a few years back. Not sure if those kinks were worked out, and how that would/wouldn't affect your mod.

If you do it, I'd love to see a build thread with some pics.

Xenor

Clean Freak
Car(s)
GTI
Looks like you'd just need that bezel, and the control plate. I bet it just hooks up. We need part numbers.

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
From what I heard new climatic uses motor to change air blow direction
Old climatic uses cables.

BlackVR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI
From what I heard new climatic uses motor to change air blow direction
Old climatic uses cables.
This is true. It could be done, it's all MKV parts, but you'd need a new HVAC assembly, wiring harness, etc.

Asaki

Car(s)
2009 GTI Pirelli
Hi Guys,
I'm interested in this too. And searching for the parts.
I haven't confirmed the part number yet. but google following parts number, I can find what I'm looking for.

CLIMATRONIC: 5K0 907 044 BN (5K0907044BN)
TRIM: 1K0 858 069 M (1K0858069M)

Asaki

Car(s)
2009 GTI Pirelli
ewoo, I see you're looking to cliMATIC.
I hope you can find the part number for cliMATIC.

Thanks for the info on climaTRONIC.