GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rennline Introduction

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I'd love to see more Motorsport elements for the mk5, caynards, rear diffuser, fender flares, etc.

I agree, functional motorsport parts are the kind of thing I'm after also. Canards would be great along with any functional aero like diffusers or aero trays for the sides.

One thing I'm really interested in are extractor vents for our hoods. This modified R32 in Australia (Google AP R36 Golf) is using 3DCarbon vents meant for a BMW but they're $1200 because they're carbon. I've looked around and nothing else has the look I want affordably, if you made plastic versions I'd buy them in a heartbeat, otherwise I'm forced to buy the 3DCarbon ones.

Every other vent I found is very boxy, the 3DCarbon vents are the only ones I can find that have nice rounded edges

EDIT: I would buy the sidemarkers canards and a functional front splitter in an instant if you offered either one. If you are capable of developing splitters make sure it's compatible with a votex front lip.

Rennline

GolfMkV Sponsor
Funny you should mention the TyrolSport Golf R...

We are a sponsor for their NASA Golf R, they are running our Tow Hook and Steering Wheel Disconnect.

Duly noted everyone, keep the input coming! I like the ideas and I am glad there is interest in motorsport stuff!

Rennline

GolfMkV Sponsor
Able to offer the door pulls in purple?
Absolutely, we offer a number of custom colors over our standard ones. Get in touch with me before ordering custom colors, there is a surcharge but there's always a chance we have some stock around from another job and can cut down on it a bit :thumbsup:

Rennline

GolfMkV Sponsor
I'll also try to use this as a place to post up some cool stuff as we're working on it. We work 4/10hr days so Friday ends up being prototype day, so there's always lots of fun billet stuff to end the work week with.

One of our billet 911 valve covers, before, during and after:

First prototype of our new billet Semi-Solid Engine Mounts. The inserts, seen here in aluminum, are actually various durometers in the production version, each mount comes with 3 sets so the owner can "tune" the mount to their liking.

One of our most trick new pieces, development has moved a ways along since this point but this is the base of our Quick Disconnect Fire Extinguisher Mount. Pretty neat idea, quick disconnect where you really want it.

I'll try to keep up on posting stuff out of the shop for you guys to look at! Keep the ideas coming!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I love those solid mounts!!

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
In for more motorsport inspired parts. Would love to see diffusers and canards. Maybe even flat bottom inserts for the exhaust tunnel.

Would also love to see if you guys can come up with a way to incorporate stock paddles/multi-function steering wheel buttons, into an aftermarket wheel and hub assembly!

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Maybe this is a ridiculous idea but I'm just going to ask, is it possible to make an OEM multi function wheel with an airbag work with a disconnect?

Also, have you put any thought into battery relocation kits? I'd be interested in running something like the R32 with the battery box in the boot floor. It wouldn't work with a stock GTI exhaust though, only an R32 style one.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Maybe this is a ridiculous idea but I'm just going to ask, is it possible to make an OEM multi function wheel with an airbag work with a disconnect?

Also, have you put any thought into battery relocation kits? I'd be interested in running something like the R32 with the battery box in the boot floor. It wouldn't work with a stock GTI exhaust though, only an R32 style one.

That would definitely be interesting...

I've always wanted a Nardi though :(

Rennline

GolfMkV Sponsor
I love those solid mounts!!
Thank you :biggrin:

In for more motorsport inspired parts. Would love to see diffusers and canards. Maybe even flat bottom inserts for the exhaust tunnel.

Would also love to see if you guys can come up with a way to incorporate stock paddles/multi-function steering wheel buttons, into an aftermarket wheel and hub assembly!
Unfortunately that would be quite a task! Getting all those signals back and forth while retaining the range of motion a wheel needs would be a huge bear. Plus we would then need to manufacture a wheel with all the controls and paddles on it and interface them all with the factory CAN BUS. It is a neat idea but unfortunately beyond our scope and I'm sure the finished price would be pretty high!

We currently manufacture a number of battery relocation kits and are an Odyssey dealer as well. We also stock a number of kill switches and kill switch pull kits, but I'm going to look around at what people are doing for MK5/6 battery relocation. It looks like to put it in the factory R32 position there's no 'easy' way without a little chopping and like you said the correct exhaust. Much like putting an S2 style battery setup in a CQ if anyone here is old school Audi obsessed like myself:wink:

That would definitely be interesting...

I've always wanted a Nardi though :(
I actually was talking with Ryan Tuerck today, he's running one of our quick disconnect hubs in his FRS street car and just got his Nardi wheel in today and the hub pattern is different than the standard momo/omp/most everything 6 bolt so we are working with him on a custom solution which will hopefully become a standard offering in the near future!

Rennline

GolfMkV Sponsor
Just a couple more pics from around the shop for you guys!

Seen above is the general manager's 911 project. It's actually a genuine Carrera shell with a completely built 930 flat 6 in it as well as the turbo widebody conversion with all metal flares. The shop that built the engine built a handful and several have dyno'd in the 450-500hp range.

It's a big 'ol K27 that runs a very healthy 20+psi and the car itself is going through a complete restoration down to the point of having every single nut and bolt on the car re zinc plated. Tom does very nice work and this thing is going to be a monster when done.

The 997 is a pretty standard Carrera S, it has the factory Aero/GT3 body package, Rennline camber plates, fully adjustable control arms, anti roll bars etc. and some big, fat, sticky tires in addition to a full exhaust. I've gotten to drive this a couple times and it is pretty sweet!

Here's a shot of our Quick Disconnect Fire Extinguisher Mount prototype pretty much finished up. Keep following us along for a demonstration video including real live fire :thumbsup:

And finally we're undergoing some renovations in the office so us desk jockeys have been relocated to the warehouse, which is decidedly louder and colder than our normal spot but at least the company is good.