GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Defi Blue Racer Gauges [Installed]

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Nice gauges, but you got totally ripped off... it took me 45 minutes all told to install my DEFI boost gauge, and that include mounting it and the Control unit and stuff. I'd imagine a similar time for the Oil Pressure gauge, not sure about EGT.
Also, you should be able to adjust the brightness; the yellow light wire should have been spliced into either a 12V switched line or the 12V light line so you can increase/reduced brightness as you like.

Also, that gauge pod looks super clean - I've been considering it myself, but I don't know whether I want Oil Pres and EGT or just the Oil Pres. Looks good.

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
wiretap, do you know where the shop installed the oil pressure sender? (drain plug, turbo inlet, or relocation kit)

-wiretap-

hax0r
wiretap, do you know where the shop installed the oil pressure sender? (drain plug, turbo inlet, or relocation kit)
Turbo oil feed banjo port.

Sp00nman

Dubhead Extraordinaire
Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI
OOOH that hot i want!!!

Do you know if NewSouth Perf make the pod for right hand drive cars??

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Turbo oil feed banjo port.

Where is this located???

Any drilling required???

Been looking into getting oil pressure and oil temp for a while, just had no idea where to place the Defi sensors.

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
wow what a PITA... kinda makes me not want to do it.

Attachments

• turbo.bmp
    312.1 KB · Views: 1,935

-wiretap-

hax0r

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Very clean.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
If you go with the controll unit, do you have to tap for the boost gauge like you normally would or is there some kind of electrical hook up? like splicing into a boost wire? idk if thats even possible but just wondering

furyfilms

1.8t mk1
Car(s)
mk1 VW Rabbit
The gauges look good. Install is very smooth.

I'm surprised you had problems at Steve's European Automotive. I have been going there for more than 10 years. They are all great guys and do great work. They set up my G60 Corrado back in 97 and it was a little expensive but done right. That thing was bad ass when i got it back.

They are the only people that work on my 1.8T mk1 rabbit and mkV GTI. They have always been very honest with me.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
If you go with the controll unit, do you have to tap for the boost gauge like you normally would or is there some kind of electrical hook up? like splicing into a boost wire? idk if thats even possible but just wondering

The control unit has a remote sensor. Tap into the vac line as normal, and connect that to the sensor that sits in your engine bay (well, that's where I've put it in my car, makes more sense). Then run the data wire from the sensor to the Control Unit II in the car.

The Defi Blue Racers don't require a Control Unit, but I believe the sensor operates in the same way.