GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Tuning Solution 2.0T FSI

Car(s)
Subaru
It's cheaper in the long term if ur plan is to increase the power of your car, I had revo and I went from Stage 1, to 2, then to 2+, then to 3 (K04) and then to 4 (GT3071).. Wanna pull the calculator and do the math?

Oh. Thanks for that. I'm not being sarcastic in the least. With that bit of information, I'm sure thousand of people will save hundreds of dollars cause we all upgrade like that.

Sent from my iPhone

hotbmwm3

It's interesting that a lot of people are so sensitive to the price of upgrading the car

I'm always happy to spend more to get more

My expectation is that the maestro tune will be more powerful than the APR tune I already have

My APR tune uses one liter more fuel per 100 kilometres traveled on highway cruising than the stock ECU so I'm hoping the maestro program fixes that

My APR program also has a mistake in the program, when it's installed after 100 miles it's comes up with an O2 sensor fault, but when the code is cleared with vag com and I install the stock ecu the fault does not return

My car has the AXX engine being an early 2005 car in Australia so it's unlikely many people on here have an APR car with the AXX engine

hotbmwm3

ive never personally used maestro, but ive heard that you dont get access to everything, no way to add map addresses and definitions unless you ask for it. i think a lot of people tune themselves to change things the other tuners don't, (or for my case, cuz your a cheap bastard!!)

You know what they say about making assumptions :)

In the absence of any primary data to suggest otherwise, I will assume it covers the vast majority of tuning related maps

I haven't run the editor yet but I would be very surprised if three years after release they didn't cover the important maps

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
It's interesting that a lot of people are so sensitive to the price of upgrading the car

I'm always happy to spend more to get more

Same reason I had VMRs and not BBS LMs, and a GTI instead of an E92 M3: Because poor.

Most of us are in these cars with a very limited mod budget, or a different perception of how much money is worthwhile to spend on a given mod.

You know what they say about making assumptions :)

In the absence of any primary data to suggest otherwise, I will assume it covers the vast majority of tuning related maps

I haven't run the editor yet but I would be very surprised if three years after release they didn't cover the important maps

i just meant it seemed like you had other means to edit your ECU file, besides maestro. I'm sure it will be great for basic map changes, and a hell of a lot easier then the other option. i would have used it myself if i didn't find the information on other ways to tune.

Most of us are in these cars with a very limited mod budget, or a different perception of how much money is worthwhile to spend on a given mod.
+1 especially when its a $600 flash that takes 10min... even harder to do when every other manu has a freeware map editor to do the same thing. although, our ecu is vastly different and superior to most, but once you get it , it almost makes it easier. there are a ton of safety features

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I am going to bring this old thread back to life...because I am in the middle of tracking down a leak. My LTFT 'off idle is near +8 to +9%. It was at near +15% but a fix to the MAF seal dropped it to its current addition of +8.8%. I have smoke tested it twice over the past three days and have yet to locate exactly where the smoke is coming from. It first looked to be from near the turbo so I decided the next day I would remove the intake and p-flo heat shield and maybe have a better view. I did this today and still the smoke comes from down near the turbo but I couldn't determine where from. I now think it is either the K04 turbo outlet flange or the forge WGA. So I will wait until I do a tire rotation next month, when I also plan to replace the upper strut bearing on the same side, and I can then remove the inner wheel liner and hopefully find the friggin leak.

But for now I am uncertain if I can leave the MAF unplugged until I fix this leak and this is my question; Can I leave the MAF sensor unplugged until then? The tune is GIAC K04 HO w/RS4 fprv.

It feels like it actually runs better but like Bunnspeed asked, and never got a reply to, I want to know if it will run without detrimental catastrophe with the MAF sensor unplugged.

Thanks, would put my mind at ease. It runs sluggishly different with the MAF plugged in in comparison to it being unplugged. I do plan on keeping it plugged in once I find and fix the leak.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Having the MAF unplugged lit up the CEL. Still would like to know if it is OK or not to leave unplugged until I resolve the leak.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
The only real risk I see would be to run too lean as without the MAF you would run with some kind of default values, I guess you could log the O2 sensor values to get an idea of the A/F?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I'm thinking not even worth leaving it unplugged. I checked the codes, after that last post ↑, and it wasn't just the MAF code...there were three others; both O2's and a knock were included. So I plugged the MAF back in. First drive nothing and it ran good...second drive with CEL and experienced a chug or stumble.