GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pistons

Your rods should be fine there in UAE. The US has the rod "issues" in their version. The K04 should not require you to do the rods...so why do it?

But if you must for peace of mind...http://www.uspmotorsports.com/IntegratedEngineeringConnectingRods2.0TFSI.html

K04 on the fsi can make more torque than the non-golf-R rods can handle.

Golf R rods have a different wrist pin diameter, you would need golf R pistons as well. Just sell the Mk5 and get a Golf R.

Or yes, IE makes drop-in rods that support more torque in the FSI w/o changing anything else.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
It seems that he already opened the engine for some reason, well, i would go with drop-in rods like Timpanogos Slim said, that alone is enough to cope with anything the K04 can throw at it and maybe some big turbo setups as well, i would not lower compresion ratio, that way car can be driven around normally even with a big turbo with lots of lag.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
K04 on the fsi can make more torque than the non-golf-R rods can handle.

Golf R rods have a different wrist pin diameter, you would need golf R pistons as well. Just sell the Mk5 and get a Golf R.

Or yes, IE makes drop-in rods that support more torque in the FSI w/o changing anything else.
^This is confusing if related to my quote in whole. Although it is in fact true, it makes no sense in response to the comment you quoted.
The OP doesn't need the pistons for a K03, first off. And secondly, even if he had a K04, he does not need rods.

Or were you just quoting the link for the Rods...to add to your last sentence?

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
i had a piston with lower ratio related to the the other 3, and am installing the Golf R K04 besides the pistons and rods, finally

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Stock pistons are fine, the weak link is the rods, upgrading to Golf R rods is a good upgrade (if you aready have them), but, the pin or something in them, is not the same, so golf R rods go with Golf R pistons, otherwise, you will have to get drop in rods, good luck with the build.