GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

trade it, or fix it.

C_Block

Fast
Car(s)
Gti mkv
Have a love hate relationship With fixing my 06 mt apr stage 2 gti. Had car 7 years now and 120k miles on it. Cars now paid off finally no car payment. :)
Dreams of k04 since I bought car. 5 grand to get there has not been do'abull, with car payment and maintenance On car. I've have intake manifold, clutch, cam, hpfp,dv,pcv, CV axel, wheel bearings. Just to name a few problems.

Now my problem is a bad wastegate. (Over boosting code)

my options: note turbo has 120k miles on it. And 5-6 hours labor to fully remove and install new turbo or fix.(I'm told to replace wastegate turbo needs to be removed.)
This is my only car, daily driver.

1: forge wastegate $180 + labor
(This option scares Me, if that even fixs it. This turbo has been though 100k miles in stage 2)

2: traid in. Traid value might not be great. Will have to buy used.

3: Apr k04. Had estimate installed about 4500. Without intercooler. I like forges'. But this will cost me more than the cars worth. Still like the idea. Will have to start saving.

4: drive it to the ground. Something else will probably go out.??

5: costume k04 setup. Awe, ecs, ext. I've looked them all. I would be spending less for set up. Around 3k for everything. But don't think I have tools, time, and shop to do this in. So.. and if I paid someone to put this in, it will bring me up to apr's set up.

Input will be great. Thanks.

goneD4rk

Banned
trade for a a Honda csi. few minor to no problems to speak of.

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
Have a love hate relationship With fixing my 06 mt apr stage 2 gti. Had car 7 years now and 120k miles on it. Cars now paid off finally no car payment. :)
Dreams of k04 since I bought car. 5 grand to get there has not been doable, with car payment and maintenance On car. I've have intake manifold, clutch, cam, hpfp,dv,pcv, CV axel, wheel bearings. Just to name a few problems.

Now my problem is a bad wastegate. (Over boosting code)

my options: note turbo has 120k miles on it. And 5-6 hours labor to fully remove and install new turbo or fix.(I'm told to replace wastegate turbo needs to be removed.)
This is my only car, daily driver.

1: forge wastegate $180 + labor
(This option scares Me, if that even fixs it. This turbo has been though 100k miles in stage 2)

2: trade in. Trade value might not be great. Will have to buy used.

3: Apr k04. Had estimate installed about 4500. Without intercooler. I like forges'. But this will cost me more than the cars worth. Still like the idea. Will have to start saving.

4: drive it to the ground. Something else will probably go out.??

5: costume k04 setup. Awe, ecs, ext. I've looked them all. I would be spending less for set up. Around 3k for everything. But don't think I have tools, time, and shop to do this in. So.. and if I paid someone to put this in, it will bring me up to apr's set up.

Input will be great. Thanks.

fixed it for you.

As for your issue, Drive it into the ground sounds like a dumb idea.
As for tools time and shop, i would think that knowledge is also something that should hinder you from taking on that job.
Fix it and Trade it, or fix it and keep it.....
Those are your options really....

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
If you can afford it, keep it, and now is the perfect time to do something fun with it. But remember, at this point it is becoming a hobby/project car. This will entail lots of money and time, but could be a good oppertunity to learn and do some labor yourself! This car dies with me lol, but I also bought it knowing this was going to be a very long term build and hobby, its never ending lol.

So you need to decide what you want out of it. If you do go crazy, I would suggest picking up a cheap beater to get you around if and when you down the GTI. Just my .02