GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your plan for the end times?

Lucidity

Marx
All you people going to the Home Depot and Costco, terrible idea. Yes they have tons of stuff, but they are also prime targets for everyone else wanting supplies. Also your idea that there is stuff assumes that there was an instantaneous beginning to the massive problems. It is reasonable to assume that there would be at least 24 hours for the panic to develop, in this time the Costco/Walmart/HomeDepot would be picked clean. Hell where I live they are picked half clean from the threat of snow much less a global disaster. To me it seems like a magnet for every gun toting person who hasn't planed properly. I would personally stay the hell away from them. You are correct that it would be ideal if there was not the human factor, but in my opinion the masses of panicked people would make it an untenable solution.

In a state of emergency the warehouses close in order to protect the employees.

Lucidity

Marx

CLAIM: "500,000 plastic air-tight coffins in the middle of Atlanta Georgia. Apparently the Government is expecting a Half Million people to die relatively soon, and the Atlanta Airport is a major airline traffic hub, probably the biggest in the country, which means Georgia is a prime base to conduct military operations and coordination. It is also the home of the CDC, the Center for Disease Control. I don't want to alarm anyone, but usually you don't buy 500,000 plastic coffins 'just in case something happens,' you buy them because you know something is going to happen. These air tight seal containers would be perfect to bury victims of plague or biological warfare in, wouldn't they?"

FACT: The black polypropylene products purported to be coffins are grave liners, or burial vaults, manufactured by Convington, Ga.-based Vantage Products. (In this case, they are examples of the company's Standard Air Seal model.) The use of a burial vault, which prevents the collapse of cemetery ground and protects the casket, is a common requirement when a body is interred.

The filmed lot in Madison, Ga., is a Vantage storage facility. Of the 900,000 or so in-ground burials in the U.S. each year, a small percentage of those people prearranged their own caskets and vaults—which Vanguard holds at the storage facility until the appropriate time. According to company Vice President of Operations Michael Lacey, there are approximately 50,000 vaults in storage in Madison. "It's nowhere near the quantity they talk about on the Internet," he told the local Morgan County Citizen newspaper. Furthermore, Lacey has said the company maintains detailed records of product ownership and is audited annually, to insure all vaults are accounted for.

bbg2d

BMW Cowboy
Car(s)
09 335i/68 Cutlass S
My post-apocalypse ride. Oh, and to the schmuck who thinks he can take on all comers with a .22: Get real. As someone who has been shot by one, I can tell you it's like multiple fire ant stings in one place. Anyone with a modicum of pain tolerance could still function. And good luck getting consistent shots to the brainpan of a moving target, unless you're sniper trained.

Attachments

• Cutlass4.JPG
    Cutlass4.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 167

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
^^Poor gas mileage and limited storage. Nice choice!

bbg2d

BMW Cowboy
Car(s)
09 335i/68 Cutlass S
Actually gets decent mileage, about 18 highway. And the trunk is frickin huge, large enough to fit a couple of 6' bodies (tested :wink:). Not to mention the large rear seat space, which is quite comfortable.

Besides, my whole plan consists of having a central location and making occasional expeditions. The speed and space this car provides works for me.

Attachments

• Cutlass8.JPG
    Cutlass8.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

koreanmonk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
UG GTI
You guys know nothing...Come to college park MD (University of Maryland) and stay in a dorm...
This place is so shitty even the zombies will avoid it like the plague

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
those FEMA coffins have scared the shit out of me.

I will start burying food and guns in my back this weekend...

(not)

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
We were talking about this the other day and my wife wants to get a Ferrari (pick it up around September) and have fun with it. Come December when they would want to repossess it we would all be dead and we will have had a few months of kick-ass driving. I could take her with my stage 1. :lol:

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
My post-apocalypse ride. Oh, and to the schmuck who thinks he can take on all comers with a .22: Get real. As someone who has been shot by one, I can tell you it's like multiple fire ant stings in one place. Anyone with a modicum of pain tolerance could still function. And good luck getting consistent shots to the brainpan of a moving target, unless you're sniper trained.

I hope you can apply your pain tolerance to re inflating a collapsed lung or repairing a severed artery. I've seen plenty of people get shot with .22LR center mass and not make it. It doesn't have the immediate stopping power of a larger round, but it is very lethal. Shot placement is everything as with any firearm, and the fact that the non existent recoil will afford you faster shots on target than a larger caliber makes it a very good fire arm. That being said, would I carry one? No. But you can't say it doesn't work, look at Virginia Tech.

Anywho...EOD for me consists of my 4WD Tacoma, my Go Bag (1100 rounds of .22, 500 rounds of .45, 1000 rounds of 7.62 short, MREs, sealed water packets, first aid kit). Firearms wise I'd only take my Savage .22 (killing vermin), my duty Glock 21, and one of my AK47s for big game killing...the other 30 something odd guns and rifles would be left behind and destroyed.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I'll be updating this soon. I'm just waiting to get some new gear in for some pics:biggrin:

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
heres a list of stuff i would have if i was on foot(excluding weapons)

flint&steel&magnesium stick, or flint&steel and a seperate magnesium stick
small spool of 14 ga wire for making small animal snares
2-300 ft of para cord
leatherman multi tool
sharpening stone
sewing/patch kit
first aid kit
2 and a 5 liter water bladder
water filter + iodine tablets
sleeping bag
sleeping pad
lightweight 1 or 2 person tent+ground cloth for the tent
internal frame hiking pack
a metal cup or small pot to cook in and a titanium spork

Of course! The titanium spork will save us all!!!