GOLFMKV

Bay Area Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiKeVGTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
where'd u heard that giac doesn't respond well? they're the ones that tuned the rss's and the rsr's.

anyways, whichever program you chooses, you'll be happy.

but right now APRs big sale is a must have if u really want to get chip and from what i heard hear that streetwerke delivers good service

I want to be chipped :cry:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
How about white?
I did think about white, and I really do love a black and white contrast but for some reason Im not feelin it. Maybe with a white car like yours. Oh hell yeah!:thumbsup:
We may have to do a white stripe, and slap them on your ride for some sexy pics!!!!:thumbup:

Duuuude lime green TA stripe and lugs
DO IT!
I do like the green idea, but when doing this with a euro the green has to be very specific without looking "import", and everything Ive mocked up, has looked very rice-a-roni.:iono:

Have you guys seen the "fast" decals? they come in multiple colors?
Indeed they do. Probably mostly found in Black or Red, I think I remember seeing them in colors that match the car colors.

Free country? What gave you that impression :p
:lol:

i'm heading to streetwerke right now.
it feels like christmas morning.:happyanim: :happyanim::happyanim:
there should be an official "i just got stg 1" smiley face.
You just used three of them, lol. Those are pretty much what it feels like. What do you think so far? (I know I probably wont get a reply, he's going to be out driving his car til 4 in the morning. lol.)

I want to be chipped :cry:
Try only driving down hills, its kinda like that. But you can only do that for so long til you have to go uphill and then it just feels like 1.8t turbo lag.:lol:

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
where'd u heard that giac doesn't respond well? they're the ones that tuned the rss's and the rsr's.

anyways, whichever program you chooses, you'll be happy.

but right now APRs big sale is a must have if u really want to get chip and from what i heard hear that streetwerke delivers good service

Hmm yeah the sale is nice. i get some extra discount i think... (shh i didn't say that). I just like GIAC because of the flash holder. Hmm my friend who is a huge VW head told me GIAC program later on won't respond well to a GT30R.

MiKeVGTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Try only driving down hills, its kinda like that. But you can only do that for so long til you have to go uphill and then it just feels like 1.8t turbo lag.:lol:

I remember 1.8t turbo lag...life sucked back then lol

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Hmm yeah the sale is nice. i get some extra discount i think... (shh i didn't say that)
What kind of sale? Like a free upgraded program sale? They said two years ago that annually every Christmas they have a free upgrade sale where everyone who buys a tune gets a free 2nd program, and all existing customers get a free extra program as well, and then I called them last Christmas and they said they dont have the sale. :mad0259:
I was so pissed!!!

I remember 1.8t turbo lag...life sucked back then lol
Yeah, newer technology rocks!!!:happyanim:

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
What kind of sale? Like a free upgraded program sale? They said two years ago that annually every Christmas they have a free upgrade sale where everyone who buys a tune gets a free 2nd program, and all existing customers get a free extra program as well, and then I called them last Christmas and they said they dont have the sale. :mad0259:
I was so pissed!!!

Yeah, newer technology rocks!!!:happyanim:

Nah i think it was the waterfest sale he was talking about, the person i quoted. hmm... it was like what... 10-15% off or something? not sure... Arin posted something about it.

adrock3000

uber n00b
Car(s)
08 bmp gti

streetwerke was very cool. i was in and out in less than an hour and he vagcom'd my shiz for free. :)

total cost: chip + .4hrs labor + tax = $703 the labor is a one time fee, you can go back and get reflashed whenever.

you can feel the difference. big time. at first you get in and you're like, meh, there's no big difference, did i just waste 700 bucks for 10hp?

once you get passed 10-20 miles with it, the car doesn't ever want to be under 3k rpms again. plus you hear the turbo at every gear shift.

also my mpg is going down significantly, but that's not because of the software. :bellyroll:

before, it liked to be driven fast. now, it's like the car is addicted to fast and needs rehab. it just wants to GO.

angrybaker

banned
they didnt charge me labor....

i agree, its an awesome feeling. wait till you get stage 2

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
streetwerke was very cool. i was in and out in less than an hour and he vagcom'd my shiz for free. :)

total cost: chip + .4hrs labor + tax = $703 the labor is a one time fee, you can go back and get reflashed whenever.

you can feel the difference. big time. at first you get in and you're like, meh, there's no big difference, did i just waste 700 bucks for 10hp?

once you get passed 10-20 miles with it, the car doesn't ever want to be under 3k rpms again. plus you hear the turbo at every gear shift.

also my mpg is going down significantly, but that's not because of the software. :bellyroll:

before, it liked to be driven fast. now, it's like the car is addicted to fast and needs rehab. it just wants to GO.

you're tempting me and am envious to those who have chip tuned :frown:. ah as soon as i get out of unemployment and save a lil bit, the next time apr have a sale i'll get chip :smile:

97C280

Stage 2
Why do Neon (SRT-4) owners must show off that they have turbo and a very loud/obnoxious exhaust at every stop light that they're next to me? I had to roll up my window/turn up my music so that his exhaust sound didn't shatter my ear drums.:thumbdown:

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
Why do Neon (SRT-4) owners must show off that they have turbo and a very loud/obnoxious exhaust at every stop light that they're next to me? I had to roll up my window/turn up my music so that his exhaust sound didn't shatter my ear drums.:thumbdown:

because ur ride is so :cool: and he wants to be COOLER :cool::cool:

97C280

Stage 2
x2 - saw you driving down Warm Springs the other day; most likely you had just left work...

Haha, Yea I saw you too :thumbsup: I get off work at 4 so you know when/where to find me haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.