GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bay Area Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
Ay guys! I had a quick question. I know this topic is probably beat to death but i want to know which "Stage One" chip I should go with. Right now I am between GIAC and APR. I like both companies and I have connections to both. From what I've been hearing, GIAC programs do not respond well to "big turbo" upgrades. Eventually, I might want to go w/ a GT30R and GIAC won't be good for that.

My VW buddy says APR is crap quality but they offer great "Stage One - Three" programs.

So what is the verdict? I know both are rather safe correct?

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Ay guys! I had a quick question. I know this topic is probably beat to death but i want to know which "Stage One" chip I should go with. Right now I am between GIAC and APR. I like both companies and I have connections to both. From what I've been hearing, GIAC programs do not respond well to "big turbo" upgrades. Eventually, I might want to go w/ a GT30R and GIAC won't be good for that.

My VW buddy says APR is crap quality but they offer great "Stage One - Three" programs.

And what does your friend have as a reason to believe APRs quality as crap?
I chose APR for a few reasons, but one of the biggest selling points is the convienience of being able to have several programs switchable from your cruise control. Im completely happy with APR. Either way Im sure both are safe, you just have to looks at all of the tiny differences that they both have and decide which one has more of the options you want.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
So I did this up cus I was bored and daydreaming of having huffs once again. I think I may do this:

I also tried them in "green attack" but for some reason green looks pretty ricer when done like this. I had high hopes, but if I dont think green looks good like this.
Im sure it would be a little darker in reality but still not feelin it with the "green attack":frown:

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Reminds me of an A4 at Dubfest that had a pretty bad job but he did like that shade of green on his black A4 it looked a little off. Maybe you should try a deep purple =D

BinaryPie

Moar Fast!
Whats the ppm, emissions Im guessing? Ive got a 100 cell metal cat on my exhaust too, and a "friend" just destroyed my oem DP, am I going to have problems with smogging her?:frown:

It will be impossible to get the 100 cell APR downpipe to pass. Find an OEM downpipe for such occasions.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Reminds me of an A4 at Dubfest that had a pretty bad job but he did like that shade of green on his black A4 it looked a little off. Maybe you should try a deep purple =D
Although purple as tasteful, its not my taste. I was thinking yellow too because Ive always loved the contrast of black and yellow, but Im sure that would look like rice too if done this way. Red is pretty sweet, I'll probably end up doing that, and going "Time Attack Huff"!

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Time Attack Huffs are out there though. I you can search and get an idea for them but hey with just any time attack theme I don't think it can go wrong. How about white?

Fyakraka

Rain. Fuck rain.
Duuuude lime green TA stripe and lugs
DO IT!

While I was choosing my green colors I tried a regular green and it came out horrible.
Also I painted one lime green and it reminded me way too much of a honda or someone with a car who is in major need of attention.

I've actually found a guy selling a set of one of my dream wheels for really cheap. I just might grab them and polish the buhjeesus out of them :thumbsup:

adrock3000

uber n00b
Car(s)
08 bmp gti
i'm heading to streetwerke right now.

it feels like christmas morning.:happyanim: :happyanim::happyanim:

there should be an official "i just got stg 1" smiley face.

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!

where'd u heard that giac doesn't respond well? they're the ones that tuned the rss's and the rsr's.

anyways, whichever program you chooses, you'll be happy.

but right now APRs big sale is a must have if u really want to get chip and from what i heard hear that streetwerke delivers good service

Status
Not open for further replies.