GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

your DREAM job?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Jerm if u are in florida...your best bet is to hit an SCCA event down at homested or another track and check things out from there as a starting point

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
jerm5 said:
cant i just start in a certain class now? i dont wanna ride go karts till im 30
My cousin is older than 30 and he races karts. Those things go well over 100mph though. There like down scaled F1 cars. The things are bad ass!

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Seriously, though, if you want to get into auto racing karting is a very good start. Some of the shifter karts make crazy power and handle like an F1 car. Alternately, you can start road racing in a group like SCCA where you can start with something like a Neon and get some track time. You can also get into a class where they race open wheel air cooled VW engined cars or something like formula Ford. Once you get really good, Formula Atlantic (www.toyotaatlantic.com/) would be your stepping stone to Champ car or indy, which would be your stepping stone to F1.

There are lots of other open wheel series that are probably a lot more realistic than F1 as a goal....but have at it and good luck!

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
Honestly, I would like to do something creative. Metal sculpting, making high-end furniture, maybe own a machine shop and make specialized speed-related parts for German cars. Something totally relaxing that has the potential to pay well enough to cover my bills with a little bit left over. I would want to do something that would NEVER require wearing a suit ever again.

I don't suffer from stress, but I'm definately a carrier :help:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
own a golf course and sit back while the cash comes in :biggrin:

(and by that i mean playing golf and driving my cars all day :thumbup: )