GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wub wub wub noise

So I turned the dubstep down and I'm still getting a wub wub wub sound.

J/k but this sound is starting to bother me. Sounds like that ^ and is proportional to how fast the wheel is spinning.

I don't believe its a shifted belt, doesnt look to be at least.
I tried moving the tire with the car raised, but I dosnt seem like the bearing is bad.
Sounds like its coming from pass front
I do have a small tear in the driver CV boot that I'm planning on fixing, but it has'nt even sprayed grease everywhere yet.
Just had the tires balanced
Doesnt seem to get worse or better when turning the wheel.

Anything else to check or any thought to what it may be?

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
sounds rotational

ArmoGTI

Ready to race!
Wubs? Is there a car full of 20 somethings behind you? If so that's just dub-step.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

ghost_03

Ready to race!
I, too, would think rotors or wheel bearing as the first things to check. "Warped" rotor can mean a lot of things, assuming you don't track the car it would probably be pad deposits on the rotors.

OP, how many miles and have you ever changed rotors and/or pads?

BurninRubber

Fast's Pilot
Car(s)
'07 GTi
Did you check see if there's a flat spot or bubble on ur tire? I had the dubstep mod on my car when I had a flat spot on my tire. It sounded awful inside the cabin

Thanks for all the replies.

I do feel a slight wobble in the steering wheel, and i mean barely noticeable.

I will check tomorrow for the flat spot. Might switch front and back to rule it out this weekend.

I actually just changed the front brakes (new pads + rotors) about 500-1000 miles ago. I read about bedding the new brakes and tried that out right after install. Instal went smooth as any brake job could and equipment all seemed in order.

As I slow down I can hear a very mild grinding sort of noise (independent of brakes, i can only hear it as i slow down). Its also barely noticeable and pretty sure its always been there. I've always just figured it the infamous road noise and stock susp.

Are there any solid techniques to check for a warped rotor?