GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Stock Suspension

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
If you've got these lying around the garage and want to get rid of them, let me know.

Located in San Diego.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I think I still have factory springs off a 12 GTI 4dr in the basement somewhere, have to look this weekend.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I have stock springs and struts and mounts off of a 2013 GTI 2 door one rear shock is bad. I also have the stock LCA bushing brackets.

GolfR333

Ready to race!
I have a good friend who has stock suspension from a 2011 Gti with only 5 k on them. He is located in Los Angeles CA

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
Good. A lot thirstier than I remember it to be (averaging 24-25 mpg), but then again I'm not in a hurry to upshift and I'm on a 87 octane map.

I miss the 2014 GTI's suspension which was kind of vague and a bit bouncy but very comfortable. Everything else I tried so far has handled better but rides kind rigid. I'm on stock GTI springs with Koni Yellows (1/4 turn from full soft front, 1/2 turn from full soft rear) and it feels like a stock setup in that it never bottoms out but handles small bumps like I put on 20" wheels (I'm on stock 16" with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, PSI set to whatever the door jamb says).

I either have the mildest exhaust leak or something is rubbing in the engine bay when I'm in gear, I gotta get it checked out sometime. I can barely hear it in with the windows up if I'm above 4000 RPM or if I'm driving next to a concrete barrier above 3000 RPM.

I'm kind of at the stage now where I want a car that's just responsive and communicative enough to feel like I know what the car's doing. Comfort definitely takes priority, but there is a certain threshold to be met when it comes to responsiveness. The W211 E350 that my parents never drove would have been fine if the transmission shifted a little faster and didn't have the ridiculous sport package.