GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WRX named top vehicle for speeding tickets

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
He tried to ticket me on base the first time and I laughed at him and drove away without signing or taking the ticket. Pissed him off so he started watching for me anytime he was on duty...

At the time local police could not write tickets/no jurisdiction on base at all.

It has changed since I believe.

You didn't respect his chicken shit outfit . Cops have fragile egos.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
http://www.insurance.com/auto-insurance/vehicle-shopping/cars-that-get-the-most-tickets.html

GTI was 12th overall with 28% having tickets. So how many if any do you have?

Zero for me with only 2 months in a GTI:thumbup:

i was in that denial until i finally got my first ticket with this car just last summer. got pulled over 66 in a 55 on interstate, that was 3 days after my stage 1 :laugh:

Chevrolet Orlando LS = 0.0%

Ticket proof.

do those cars even exist in US market? i only saw one of these when i went to canada.

It's not the car but the driver... Wrx owned by full retard 20-35 y/o males that love to bench and street race

funny you should say that. i passed a wrx that was merging, then came up to me, got off the exit onto local parkway and there was another exit half mile from interstate, there was a bike cop waiting (wrx was riding my ass), once he shows off and didnt notice cop, i saw him picking up his walkie talkie looking at wrx, he also has a community college parking pass on back window....why am i not surprised

I got pulled over and ticketed 5 times within 2 weeks by the same cop when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg...

I went to court, showed the judge all 5 tickets and complained that the cop was following me everywhere, and got them all tossed out.

Pretty sure he lost his job too.

imagine that in a nazi lawed state called virginia, particularly north va to be exact.

AbideDude

Ready to race!
The Rabbit being higher on the list is very odd, may come down to the typical driver vs the car maxtdi mentioned.

I would imagine once I am tuned I will just put some money aside for a few tickets. There is definately a color impact as the only red car I owned I was pulled over several times and that was a Chevy Blazer, not exactly a fast car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, some do drive pretty wild.

Supra is hilarious tho.. a car not sold here since like 1997/98 at the top of the list, lol.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
yeah, some do drive pretty wild.

Supra is hilarious tho.. a car not sold here since like 1997/98 at the top of the list, lol.

I'm surprised the 350/370z didn't take that spot

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Come to the bay area and watch Prius owners drive. Shit gets real.

Agreed. It is funny when you see them try to pass with no power... But they do speed like Keanu.

Jerrygomez0809

Ready to race!
Have had my GTI for 2 years and got pulled over Twice. One of them was going 78 on a 65 on CA 91, the other time the CHP was really nice and I got options... Speeding or no CA License Plate in the front (fix it ticket). Took that fix it ticket quick....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi 80 Cabriolet
I was a "good driver" until a few months of ownership of the GTI, then four speeding tickets in a row within about seven months. Traffic school for one, but now I'm one away from a suspension for the next year or so.

The thing is, my driving habits are entirely unchanged and my previous vehicle was a modified Frontier 4X4. So I blame the GTI, because I always have shit luck with cops when I own a VW. Regardless, you've gotta pay if you wanna play.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
Got pulled over by a Md State Trooper. Mid-afternoon old-folks traffic was doing about 35 mph in a 45 mph zone, and I was doing 45 mph threading my way through it. I checked my rear view mirror and here comes this black Charger flying - and I mean FLYING - up on my rear end. I immediately signaled to get out of his way, pulled over and he lit it up and pulled in behind me. I played dumb, because I wasn't doing anything wrong. He was really pissed off at me. Apparently, he has been trying to sneak up behind me to pace me and couldn't catch me in the interspersed traffic. He never got the chance to be behind me long enough to track my speed because as soon as he got behind me, I saw him and pulled over. He said I was speeding. I asked him how fast I was going. He didn't have an answer, but repeated that I was speeding. I told him I was doing a maximum of 45 in a 45 and there was no way that traffic would allow any faster speed than that. He told me I was changing lanes recklessly without signalling. I told him that I signaled at ALL my lane changes after checking mirrors and blind spots and allowing for sufficient clearance. He accused me of reckless driving, and I said for what? I told him that accelerating from 35 to the speed limit to avoid people making left and right hand turns was not illegal. So he wrote me a warning because he knew he has nothing that would stand up in court. But boy was he pissed for being outdriven by a hatchback in his Interceptor Charger.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
No tickets.. Getting radar detector soon.. No tickets..