GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Working under a car with jack stands

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
That's pretty funny. You would think, if you could afford one, you would garage it. But I've found there are people with a lot of money that just don't give a shit about their cars. To them it's just fancy transportation. They have no feelings at all. Then again, if I was worth a billion, I wouldn't worry about where I parked my AM either.

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I guess cinders would work. my chest is bigger then the cinder so i would be killed quick if the jacks failed. anyway i would really like to test the jackstand durability. i really rocked the car and it felt sturdy. the stands even dug a slight bit into the driveway and left some marks from resting.

sntmods

Ready to race!
I think its safe if you take the proper safety precautions when using 2 jack stands in the street with passing "light" traffic. I was under my Mustang for 10 hours working the long tube headers into place and never once did I feel in danger. If I had to do it again, it would be done in half that time. This was with the rear wheels heavily locked into position, the transmission in drive and the emergency brake set.

Be safe! :)

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
my personal suggestion is park it next to an old asian lady's driveway and wait for the stereotype to kick in and have a shady lawyer/doctor on speed dial