• He screwed up.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • She screwed up.

Votes: 33 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mach5

you are next
Dude, I'm a 28 year old who looks/acts much younger and my girl is 20 who looks/acts much older...sometimes.

Anyway, that's a lame reason to break up with someone...sounds like she has some issues of her own. Insecurities etc about her looks. I dunno...

ps, GrossTI, nice avatar

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Well, here's the first thing...she's 20 years old. She's still a kid. At that age, every girl wants everyone to think they're beautiful. Unfortunately, not everyone eats from the same plate, so not every man will think one particular woman is beautiful.

Being female...well, what you said really wasn't right. You did basically tell her, "You looked better before than you do now." aka (in girl terms) "You look ugly."

Girls always read between the lines, even if there is no message there. As far as her dumping you over it...well, is she PMSing? If so, that could be the reason she jumped the gun on dumping you. Or she really isn't feeling you, so was looking for a reason to get out of the relationship by making you out to be the bad guy. Now she can go whine to all her friends "I dumped him because he said I'm ugly! What an asshole!" So, now all her friends will hate you too.

I wouldn't sweat it. Too many fish in the sea to dwell over one. Go for a female that is at least 22-23 and has gotten the 'bar scene' out of the way. Too many guys I know have been dumped when their g/f hit 21 & wanted to just 'have fun' and not be 'tied down'. 20 really is young.

P.S. I can't vote because I don't think you or her were either at fault. You both had your faults in this ending.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
You didn't fuck up too bad. My one (guy) friend told his girlfriend "sometimes I think it's all about the sex".................he's a dude............WTF???

bsosa69

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 GTI
You didn't fuck up too bad. My one (guy) friend told his girlfriend "sometimes I think it's all about the sex".................he's a dude............WTF???

"Men have feelings too, may I share mine with you"

props to anyone who knows where that quote is from.

Also not all girls are like that, communication is the key.

When you say something like "we can do whatever you want" with some girls it doesn't help. In society (generally) men are usually in charge, as a women she wants you to decide cause either

A) She wants to be told what to do (or is used to it)

or

B) Since you can't come up with an idea you are either boring and not fun or not "manly"

Just some thoughts and opinions.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
At least you don't get the WTF arguements I get from my gf. Yesterday it was this in a gmail chat online
her "Im off all day Friday if you wanna do something"
Me: "Cool beans. We'll do whatever ya want :) "
her: "ugh.. NEvermind"

UGH NM? WTF? I'm starting to hate women

This one is so obvious... don't ever... EVER.... EEEEVER... say cool beans... ever...

EVER...

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
lol cool beans....... seriously though, any female who is going to pull shit like that should just hit the road, and you should encourage them to leave. You don't need people like that in your life. The fact that you post this on the forum looking for advice and not being able to hash it out with her should be your clue. Women are difficult, but anyone who treats you like that should not be in your life. Just my 2 cents. Find another one!

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Guns N' Roses

I used to love her, but I had to kill her
I had to put her
Six feet under
And I can still hear her complain

I knew I miss her
So I had to keep her
She's buried right in my back yard

She bitched so much
She drove me nuts
And now I'm happier this way

I had to put her
Six feet under
And I can still hear her complain

I JUST GOOGLED THE LYRICS.
good thing i checked the thread before i posted!

:bellyroll: :bellyroll:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I put "He screwed up" for the simple fact that you're 28 and you took a 20 yr old seriously. You can't let kids play you like that. :biggrin:

Seriously though, it's neither one of your faults. Try dating a girl a little closer to your age next time, and you'll probably have a little better luck. Chances are it would have only been worse when she turned 21.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
So she is a 20 year old who looks like a 28 year old who acts like a 10 year old??? Consider yourself lucky man.

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I put "He screwed up" for the simple fact that you're 28 and you took a 20 yr old seriously. You can't let kids play you like that. :biggrin:

Seriously though, it's neither one of your faults. Try dating a girl a little closer to your age next time, and you'll probably have a little better luck. Chances are it would have only been worse when she turned 21.
I've recently dated a 24, 25, 29, and 30yo. None of them were particularly more stable than this girl, especially the lazy 30yo who tried to commit suicide twice but decided half way through she didn't want to. It seems to be a crap shoot no matter what age.

Ya'll mustn't worry, the anger has subsided to quiet disdain. lol I am moving on. Who's got a sister? :biggrin: