• She screwed up.

Votes: 33 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I am curious to see what ya'll think, especially the girls on here, but my girlfriend of a couple weeks broke up with me based almost entirely on a comment I made. The backstory is that she is a 20yo who could easily pass as a 28yo. I'm a 28yo who could often pass as a 20yo. She recently colored her hair brunette from the nearly natural blonde it had been for awhile. Numerous times already in our courtship I would tell her how pretty I think she is. I had already told her that she looks really good with the new hair, but she asked me again and I responded honestly, "You're still beautiful but I think you were more beautiful before." Hell hath no fury and all that. I proceeded to try and rationalize my statement with any number of kind remarks, but it didn't matter. By the next day it was over.

I've already talked to my best female friend and she thinks that was a horrible thing to say to a girl. I ended up getting angry talking to her about it.

It is becoming increasingly obvious how messed up women are. They treasure honesty above all else, but you MUST lie to them DAILY. And their ability to selectively listen to sentences to pick out the one thing that could possibly be construed as negative is nothing short of aggrevating. You could give them a million dollars but if you keep 10 for the taxi ride home you're a thief.

Thoughts? I'm sure this thread will either go immediately downhill or disappear quickly due to it's stating of the obvious, but let's see what you got.

Snipes

Passed Driver's Ed
Dude seriously, that girl should not be your girlfriend if she broke up with you because of that. Don't be upset...if anything be glad because you got rid of someone not worth it.

GrossTI

Ready to race!
Sounds like she was looking for an excuse to get out, why else would she break up over something so trivial.Has she been acting "different" lately? Women can be so cold and heartless sometimes. I feel for ya man.

Acid

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 DSG GTI
At least you don't get the WTF arguements I get from my gf. Yesterday it was this in a gmail chat online
her "Im off all day Friday if you wanna do something"
Me: "Cool beans. We'll do whatever ya want :) "
her: "ugh.. NEvermind"

UGH NM? WTF? I'm starting to hate women

maxmonster

Account Suspended
Car(s)
VW GTI
yeah man snipes has got it dead on. if shes your gf and broke up with you cause of THAT? i mean cmon... dont worry buddy. theres someone for you out there. just go with the flow of things and she'll come to you.

cw-vw-gti

Mazdaspeeder
Car(s)
08 Mazdaspeed3
At least you don't get the WTF arguements I get from my gf. Yesterday it was this in a gmail chat online

dont go to the colorful, happy, interior decorating side!

but your gf has a perverted mind...she was thinking of teh sex:bellyroll:

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
I am curious to see what ya'll think, especially the girls on here, but my girlfriend of a couple weeks broke up with me based almost entirely on a comment I made. The backstory is that she is a 20yo who could easily pass as a 28yo. I'm a 28yo who could often pass as a 20yo. She recently colored her hair brunette from the nearly natural blonde it had been for awhile. Numerous times already in our courtship I would tell her how pretty I think she is. I had already told her that she looks really good with the new hair, but she asked me again and I responded honestly, "You're still beautiful but I think you were more beautiful before." Hell hath no fury and all that. I proceeded to try and rationalize my statement with any number of kind remarks, but it didn't matter. By the next day it was over.

I've already talked to my best female friend and she thinks that was a horrible thing to say to a girl. I ended up getting angry talking to her about it.

It is becoming increasingly obvious how messed up women are. They treasure honesty above all else, but you MUST lie to them DAILY. And their ability to selectively listen to sentences to pick out the one thing that could possibly be construed as negative is nothing short of aggrevating. You could give them a million dollars but if you keep 10 for the taxi ride home you're a thief.

Thoughts? I'm sure this thread will either go immediately downhill or disappear quickly due to it's stating of the obvious, but let's see what you got.

dude dont sweat it every guy suffers from this its callled FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE..........it's in/un-currable we all do it only u can control it

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Sounds like she was looking for an excuse to get out, why else would she break up over something so trivial.

I would have to agree. Better get out now than to prolong this relationship, then break up in a messy way.

Think of it this way, you (op, of course) didn't break it off. So, if she ever crawls back to you, you have the upper hand. :thumbsup:

On that note, I don't think all women are bad. If you find the right one, then you should stick it out. I know I have, and I'm gonna marry this one. She doesn't know it yet, but she's going to be my wife!

I digress.

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1997 Jetta Trek
Guns N' Roses

I used to love her, but I had to kill her
I had to put her
Six feet under
And I can still hear her complain

I knew I miss her
So I had to keep her
She's buried right in my back yard

She bitched so much
She drove me nuts
And now I'm happier this way

I had to put her
Six feet under
And I can still hear her complain

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Cars>women

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
rofl @ you guys

This is all very uplifting. :biggrin:

The poll is playing out how I thought. I do think I made a mistake (a la vdbya's comment), but I also have to think Snipes has a valid point.

The irony is that she was the hottest girl I've ever dated, and yet she dumped me 'cos she thinks I said she was ugly. :iono:

I'm sorry for your troubles, but that is pretty damn funny. I got stood up for that once. I wanted to do whatever she wanted, but she wanted me to command her. 30mins before the date she decided I wasn't man enough for her, I guess. Oh well. :rolleyes:

rcnu71299

Ready to race!
The irony is that she was the hottest girl I've ever dated, and yet she dumped me 'cos she thinks I said she was ugly. :iono:
a

all girls are super self-conscious about their looks...

plus, she was only your gf for a couple weeks so i'm sure she took the comment in a very negative way... if you were with her for a few years i bet the reaction would be different