GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will this work?

Kaeon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Scion tC
Ok im looking at a 2007 GTI pkg1 the dealer has the car listed around $22,220 plus $1,251 or so for the sunroof etc. Total is around $24,230. Edmunds has the TMV price at $23,631. Im trading in my 05 Scion tC with around 18,000 miles on it. KBB Trade In Value is $14,750 in good condition. I only owe $9,500 on the tC, Do you think I will be able to get the vw to around $24k OTD with the other 4k+ carry over from my trade? to get out of there with it around $20K? Is this a good deal for both parties? I know edmunds list the vw at $20,688 at invoice plus the $1,251 for pkg1 , But how accurate is that?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
22,600 is the invoice for a 2007 gti 2-door pk1, about 400 for port/floor/prep fees, then add maybe 300 for title/license. add tax above that. you can probably get it close to invoice, though at this time, 07 gti's can't be ordered anymore so the price might go up a bit. i'm not even counting the tradein, as they really vary greatly.

Kaeon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Scion tC
I see, That $22,600 is with the destination charge correct? I know they probably will not give me what my car is worth, But im shooting for it. I don't know if it would be worth it for me to wait on an 2008? Or try to locate an 2007 in that configuration.

Lazyday

Ready to race!
I got my GTI for 23.5k and 17k Trade in. I had an 06 eclipse GS in perfect condition and mods. Only VW dealer in this area so couldn't get them to budge much on the price.

Kaeon

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Scion tC
I got my GTI for 23.5k and 17k Trade in. I had an 06 eclipse GS in perfect condition and mods. Only VW dealer in this area so couldn't get them to budge much on the price.

What did you owe on the eclipse if you don't mind me asking?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I see, That $22,600 is with the destination charge correct? I know they probably will not give me what my car is worth, But im shooting for it. I don't know if it would be worth it for me to wait on an 2008? Or try to locate an 2007 in that configuration.

22.6k is with destination. it really depends on how many gti's are available in your area. if you're not in a hurry, wait a few months and they might have a low apr after the 08's come out (usually for a 2 year term though). personally, if it where me, i'd wait for the 08's to come so you can get the new year car.