• C6

Votes: 25 67.6%

• Total voters

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Did you buy a Vette?

Didn't have time to read thru the 15 pages I missed at work last night/this morning....2 epic threads now, lol

Pretty much. I committed to buy it from a guy, but he wants cash which requires me to move some funds around, and that takes a few days. Hopefully I'll have it next week.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4658703133.html

TL;DR version is I talked to this guy about a month ago. He was cool, he liked me, I was going to go drive the car when life came up. Then I went to drive a C6GS, and got on that kick. He contacted me last week that he really wanted to move the car (bought a house, needs money, etc) and that he wants to deal. I figured I should at least drive a C5 before making up my mind because a cash car with no car payment really intrigues me. So I drove it and found it to pretty much be 90% as awesome as a C6 GS to me (mostly because it's older and can be driven ZFG), and less than half the price. My wife even really liked the car, so no brainer. I got him down to $17.5k, which is on the high side for what I wanted to spend, but the car's in awesome shape, and it's got the colors and features that I want. It also seems like the C5 market has firmed up significantly, and that $17.5 is the best deal I could find on an 02+ car.

I'm going to turn it into a Corvette All-star AKA Baller on a Budget (BOAB) C5 with C6 Z06 shocks, C5Z sway bars, C5Z front spring, C5Z exhaust, and maybe a set of long tubes 4 teh lolz. For less than $20k, I can have a Porsche eater.

I feel like having some accents that pop really make more subtle colors like United Gray look great.

Agreed. I don't have a VW, doe?

Oops, did I say United Gray?

Come on V8 brother, get it together. It's MSG (Medium Spiral Gray) now.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I basically did marry G2.. I've done it on both my GTI and A3, my dad's SL500, and my buddy's E90 M3. All turned out damn good.. for $40 and a few hours of your time, it's impressive.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I basically did marry G2.. I've done it on both my GTI and A3, my dad's SL500, and my buddy's E90 M3. All turned out damn good.. for $40 and a few hours of your time, it's impressive.

Do you completely remove the brake calipers to do it? OR do you just dismount them and hang them from inside the fender somewhere? It's a brush application and not spray, correct?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Do you completely remove the brake calipers to do it? OR do you just dismount them and hang them from inside the fender somewhere? It's a brush application and not spray, correct?

No, no, yes.

;)

it's super easy and actually "fun" to do. Great kit, made in the US, about 15mins from my house, lol.

Get a 02-04 Z06... C5

we tried.. dude bitched out tho :lol: ;)

JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Meh Z06 meh. I'm going to go five my C5 Targa to the go kart track and destroy my lady friend's lap times.

^ Reported.