GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why do I keep hearing 252 hp?

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
damo said:
No you were saying that dyno readings have less variables than flywheel hp, Im saying thats bullshit there are a lot more variables with a car on a dyno, than manufactures who bench test engines. Just have a look at all the different numbers form the boys with their standard dyno sheets there is a gap of 30hp thats real accurate isn't it.

APR is quoting 188kw which is 252hp. This is where the numbers are coming from.

prolly you got me wrong, i did not mean that the dyno readings have less variables than flywheel. You are correct, there are a lot of variables that will effect the dyno numbers.......... You answered your own question, just confusing yourself. Anyways, if you dont believe APR, just get something else instead of bashing them.

damo

Oval Newbie
scuderiavw said:
prolly you got me wrong, i did not mean that the dyno readings have less variables than flywheel. You are correct, there are a lot of variables that will effect the dyno numbers.......... You answered your own question, just confusing yourself. Anyways, if you dont believe APR, just get something else instead of bashing them.
Sorry must have been drunk or something:smile: Thats what i thought you were getting at. And just to let you know im deffinatley not bashing anyone, i was just answering a question where is everybody getting 252hp, they seem to think its whp. Anyway my bad:frown: