GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has gone from a 240SX to a GTi?

clutchdj

-------------------------
yes, i went from rwd to fwd. rwd is always more fun imho. fwd is for the novice and it has its limits, however you'll almost never get stuck in a fwd and they DO take skill to drive fast. they are truly oranges and apples in comprison; i dont like fwd platform cars and miss my rwd.

there's sooo much more understeer out of the box. the gti has no real lsd either. the esp/asr saftey net is not bad. it'll work to snag you back in line, particluarly if you go too hot into a turn and push, but still, you'd have to put in alot of steering angle in to wake the system up; all in all it's a good thing. the gti has a snappier turn-in but the rear will not rotate like a 240sx. bigger rear rsb might fix that - i dunno. vag-com and chip tuning is great. a chipped fsi/tsi is explosive, very quick but not fast.

if you don't have do deal with snow and enjoy going sideways then stick to rwd.

Last edited:

utekineir

Banned
went from rwd to fwd.

I really hated fwd before putting on a beefy rsb. Now it's tolerable.

Where the gti shines is how well rounded a car it is, especially after sinking some $ into the thing. It's a great fun daily driver.

gman32888

stick noobie

thesimpleS13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
thanks for all of the input guys, yea I was just curious. Just being a dedicated 240sx owner, then all of a sudden jumping to a GTI, just left me with curiosity haha. yea the 240...its nice i guess....idk...I just grew tired of the car and the hype! maybe its because i had two of them..and poured stupid amounts of money into them. something nice and something that actually starts everyday would be nice HAHA.

and thanks for the positive comments about my blog!

slickvic

I scare other drivers
Drive one and see

thanks for all of the input guys, yea I was just curious. Just being a dedicated 240sx owner, then all of a sudden jumping to a GTI, just left me with curiosity haha. yea the 240...its nice i guess....idk...I just grew tired of the car and the hype! maybe its because i had two of them..and poured stupid amounts of money into them. something nice and something that actually starts everyday would be nice HAHA.

and thanks for the positive comments about my blog!

Have you test driven a GTI yet? You owe it to yourself to at least do that.
:thumbsup:

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
i bet 20$ it's the BSH 27 mm solid one.

yeah, when it snows in the winter, my buddy flies out of parking lots from a stop w/ his wrx while i spin and look like a jackass trying to accelerate past 15 mph.

but when that snow melts and i get good tires on the it feels good. the understeer is annoying but there is something about GTI's that make it okay.

utekineir

Banned
it is the bsh one, with their endlinks on full stiff, i have a little bit of noise on uneven surfaces, but i also have little and dick wheelgap wise on coils, the night i put it on I was like a giddy schoolgirl, since then I've gotten used to it, still such a great addition though.

like i posted in the g35 is the "better" car "period". thread today in the car I had a passenger, a pizza, a picnic table, an 80x6 roll of outdoor carpeting, took highway ramps at 30 over, zoomed around, and averaged around 29 mpg by the time i got home.

what more can you ask for in a daily driver (with a couple grand in mods)....

Winter wise, i was pretty amazed at how well the car did in the snow especially since i didn't raise the coils and was only on a set of stock conti all seasons found in the classifieds cheap. Fwd isn't nearly as fun to play in the snow with, but it got me around well enough.

thesimpleS13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
haha thanks again for all the contributions, as soon as I get the money from selling my car I WILL go do myself a favor and test drive one, although I have to admit I'm pretty much sold on it haha! a black gti will be joining your community soon :)