GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has gone from a 240SX to a GTi?

thesimpleS13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Hello guys I'm new here haha. Well I was just curious and decided to ask: Who has gone from owning a RWD to a FWD. Me in this case, I am selling my car and wanting to get a GTI afterwards ( tired of the 240sx scene -_- ).

Did you have any regrets going FWD?

My dad is a Mini fanatic and I always see him driving it and having a blast, but I was just wanting to know if anyone else out there has as much fun driving their GTI.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Yes my car is wrong wheel drive... yes it sucks...

That does NOT mean I don't drive the PISS outa it and have a blast...

thesimpleS13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
NOPE i dont want a STI haha, yea my 240 has had 5 engines ( currently on my second SR swap ), It has 2 way differential and, I've taken it to a couple drift events haha. some pics here if you guys want to check it out: thesimpleS13.blogspot.com

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 A3 sport
I am a rwd person. I have had far more rwd than fwd. But to the point of your thread, I had a 90 coupe ( ricer silvia front too ) with a redtop and a 2871r .63 that ran 11.5's and would pull over 1g on the skidpad on dot tires..... I miss it. But the mkv chassis mixes a fair amount of accessible everyday performance with a lot of comfort and refinement. Last two being things that are largely absent in most s chassis cars that I've encountered.

krayzie089

Ready to race!
Yeah so far as performance RWD all the way, but the GTI is the best front wheel drive car out there. Torque steer is almost no exsistant, but there is a bit of wheel hop. But that can be taken care of with a 40 dollar mod, so i say go for it.

thesimpleS13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
haha seriously...it seems even more like a family car now... even though that's what it originally started out as haha. Sure they're nice, but I just don't like them at all.

Big A

Smoked dem cigarettes
very clean coupe man...haven't gone FROM one, but a friend of mine has an s13 & i got a rabbit...if you're over the whole 240 scene, then im pretty sure you won't regret getting into a GTI.

you'll definitely like the interior haha, but when it comes to all the BS with newer cars (weird electrical problems & other stupid shit), i think you'll miss the s13. installations/modding and all that are less of a hassle (obviously) but you'll get the idea once u get into the euro scene a little more

pretty sure you're gonna enjoy it :)

(even tho you weren't really asking about the comfort, w/e lol)

thesimpleS13

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
yes you know what a nice interior would be nice HAHA. yea i'm just flat out tired of the 240 scene...all the hype and everything. and thanks for the compliments on my car! hoping someone picks it up soon. I don't really want to do too much to the GTI because I'm going to keep until college is over most likely.

GTI_nurse

Ready to race!
I had a 96 S14... loved that car. I was forced out of it cuz some ass hat decided my rear bumper was a cool place to stop the forward motion of his town car. I love my GTI but I will be buying another s14 in the future... I just love the car. It was stable as hell on the road course and with a wash and wax looked much better than most new cars IMO

SudZero

"brown guy white hare"
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
well ive been around silvias for a while now (most of my friends drive s-13's and s-14's) and let me tell ya...its nice to get into a car with a cupholder nah mean?? lol but all of them have blacktop sr swaps...and one has a 2jz in a s13 hatch...and in terms of just balls out speed...those things are somethin ill...but u wont regret a gti/rabbit...very cutomizable and smoooov

twong85

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Daily driving in a 240sx is no fun, built or stock. I stopped driving mine after 7 years of back pain and never looked back. Also the majority of people who end up checking out the 240 are guys...

And you can always move on to another, better RWD car later on.