GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
So, in order to get a total tally of who got their's, and who didn't but ordered one, I am making this thread. Curious now much of a unicorn these mufflers really are.

I got mine the second shipment. It arrived 3/04 as promised by cars245.com. Zero damage.

ATTENTION: I made it so we can see what people voted for. Just FYI.

Last edited:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
How does it sound compared to stock gti? Is it comparable to a quieter catback? Like magnaflow for example?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
There's a big thread on it. Sounds good and lots of pops and crackles

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely in love with mine. Here's how it sounds:

https://youtu.be/v1GXYsZaoVA">https://youtu.be/v1GXYsZaoVA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

No link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely in love with mine. Received Feb 4th via Cars245. Here's how it sounds:

Is your's getting better with age as well? :)

I am noticing more and more at idle, and at down-revs. Rev matching sounds awesome also. In terms of sounds I can't imagine anything aftermarket that comes close. Remus sounds equally good imo, but it is louder. This is subtle overall, it won't alert cops two blocks away someone is WOT in the 35mph zone. But it will turn heads on a street corner and the gas station. I know that every day when I wake up, I look forward to my parking garage cold start very much. Part of my balanced breakfast anymore.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Is your's getting better with age as well? :)

Yep, it definitely has "matured" since I first got it put on. I'd imagine the heat cycles and soot lining the interior have changed the acoustics a bit. The tone is now a bit "warmer" and more full-sounding. Still extremely pleased with it.

huithomas

Ready to race!
Yep, it definitely has "matured" since I first got it put on. I'd imagine the heat cycles and soot lining the interior have changed the acoustics a bit. The tone is now a bit "warmer" and more full-sounding. Still extremely pleased with it.

You mean muffler sound will change by time ? Can you explain a bit more what's "warmer"?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
You mean muffler sound will change by time ? Can you explain a bit more what's "warmer"?

My experience with exhaust mods or systems, is that they will sound different almost everytime down the road, and typically for the better.

My flowmaster system I had on my truck I used to toy with was the most noticeable. Went from not getting bothered by cops to getting bothered constantly.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

Sorry - that term comes from my musical background in discussing the tones of different brass instruments etc. When I say warmer, I mean even fuller and perhaps a little deeper with less rasp. Less "hollow" sounding - not that it was ever hollow to begin with.

To be clear, the tone has gotten subtly better with time!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Subscribing. Mostly to live vicariously through you guys. And also because I'm still holding onto some hope that my order my actually get filled. [emoji41]

MattB1

Ready to race!
I wonder how many were actually sold worldwide before the VIN lock? If VW only made enough for the spares that they anticipated would be needed on 400 cars, it couldn't have been that many. I reckon maybe 10% maximum, 40 mufflers.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I wonder how many were actually sold worldwide before the VIN lock? If VW only made enough for the spares that they anticipated would be needed on 400 cars, it couldn't have been that many. I reckon maybe 10% maximum, 40 mufflers.
That sounds reasonable to assume. Maybe even less...