GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline RSB Endlinks?

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
Is anyone out there running the Whiteline KLC141 endlinks with an upgraded RSB? Any feedback on it? I thought I was going to be able to live with BSH endlinks on my 27mm h-sport bar but they seem louder every day.

--Matt

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
No one? Adjustments to the bar (aka mounting the bar bushings as low as possible, creating a small amount of tension on the bar) helped a lot with the bsh endlinks, but I'm not sure if I'll want it forever. The roads here are really bad so I get a lot of clanking.

--Matt

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
imo aftermarket sway bar endlinks are unnecessary. over 3 years hard track use and I've personally never had a factory endlink fail. and I break a lot of shit at the track.

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
imo aftermarket sway bar endlinks are unnecessary. over 3 years hard track use and I've personally never had a factory endlink fail. and I break a lot of shit at the track.

One of my stockers failed with the stock bar and I broke the other when removing it. I'm not going to buy/put on an inferior stock set. It's either this or some other improved aftermarket part.

--Matt

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
The BSH Endlinks use spherical bearings so you do get some chatter from them, I bet the Whiteline bushings are much quieter since they dont use spherical bushings.

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
The BSH Endlinks use spherical bearings so you do get some chatter from them, I bet the Whiteline bushings are much quieter since they dont use spherical bushings.

That's my guess as well. They use ball joints like the stockers, just beefer looking ones as far as I can tell. It's the same price as the BSH part too if you get it from one of the japanese tuner shops.

--Matt

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
Nah, not yet. The place that had them for that cheap price ended up never getting them to me. I finally got my money back today and ordered them from a different shop. Hopefully I'll have them in time to install next weekend.

--Matt

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
Installed the Whiteline links today and I love them. Here are some pics (which link to the full size images - sorry for crap cell phone quality):

I only have snows on at this point, so it's hard to make a completely fair comparison on them, but based on the 50 or so miles I put on them this morning they feel every bit as solid as the BSH links - only with no noise. The rear end is now dead silent, and the crisp predictable initial turn-in feel that came along with the BSH links doesn't seem to have gone away to any noticeable extent.

The install was a breeze. Just an open end wrench, box end wrench, and torque wrench needed to get them down. Since they didn't use shiny plated metal screws, once they were torqued down sufficiently only one wrench was needed to complete the final torque down (unlike the BSH setup which requires a hex wrench for any tightening. I used copious amounts of loctite red to make sure that they don't back themselves off, and found that they were still at spec 50 miles later. We'll see how they go, but I definitely recommend them for anyone looking for an upgrade without the noise.

--Matt

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
damn, kinda makes me want to look into getting the whiteline endlinks.
I've been thinking about buying the bump steer kit as well....

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
damn, kinda makes me want to look into getting the whiteline endlinks.
I've been thinking about buying the bump steer kit as well....

:thumbsup: I've put 200 miles on them so far. Ahh sweet silence! I'm thinking about getting the bumpsteer correction kit, but not till I replace all of the bushings in the rear control arms and trailing arms (shooting for powerflex on the former and whiteline on the latter). I'm a bit worried about noise with the bumpsteer kit though.

--Matt

Mariach

FIA F1 World Champ..to be
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI DSG
ok. I am getting these.
I have had the BSH ones on for about three months and i want to rip them off.

I want these! Christmas is comming lol