GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Choice, OPINIONS PLEASE!

MeLikeBigBoom

Car(s)
HPA Mk5 R32
Looking for something new to throw all my money away for, I love the stock Charlestons on my Fahrenheit, and was pretty stuck on keeping them. But when I found out R8 wheels fit on pretty much anything, it kind of snowballed. With my love for the Charlestons somewhat broken, I looked for tons of wheel options, and found more and more I liked. I terribly Photoshopped the R8 replica wheels and TSW Nurburgring's (My top choices) onto a Fahrenheit to see what it would look like, opinions?

Top is stock, middle are R8 V10 wheels, bottom are TSW Nurburgring's

Tell me what you guys think, including whether you hate them all! :biggrin:

P.S. Suggest other wheels too!

Edit: I found a GTI with real Nurburgring wheels, and just Photoshopped the color. (And lowered it. :biggrin:)

Ignore the fact that it's a 5-door Fahrenheit...

Last edited:

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
I would choice whichever one has the best fit (offset and width for tires I want to use) and is lightest. For just looks, the R8 wheels look best with the car pictured, imo.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
We have Alzor Style 349 now offered in black, this is a style I think you might be interested in. Can't go wrong with the classic mesh style!

Andy

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
VMR 710's, which look similar to Nurburgrings, on a real Fahrenheit:

The Nurburgrings are lightweight though and will be almost 7 lbs lighter than the Charlestons...which is a pretty significant reduction in weight.

Charlestons weigh 25.6 lbs
The TSW's are 18.6 lbs (in 18x8)

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Loving the R8 wheels...

MeLikeBigBoom

Car(s)
HPA Mk5 R32
I'm getting more torn by the day. The R8 replicas and Nurburgrings have the same weight, so that's not a factor. I think I like look of the the R8 wheels better, and they are $500 cheaper for a set. But then again they're replicas, so they could just explode while I'm driving down the freeway. The real ones cost me my left thumb, first newborn child and my soul... or like $3,000.:cry:

But... just... look at them!

Grrr. I need to take a break. :mad0259:

Have anyone had bad experiences with replica wheels?

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
Depends on who makes the reps...main thing is they are usually so cheap you can just buy a new one if something happens.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Have anyone had bad experiences with replica wheels?[/QUOTE]

Looks - Like Charlestons the best
I would do the Nuespeeds as an upgrade but only in a gloss black (personal pref) Need to change the stance of course.

Really do not like the R8 wheels at all (again just personal pref) Don't care for the look and would not want to have to clean them. Having said that Neuspeeds or TSW in the style shown won't be much fun to clean either. Although I run BBS CO my next wheels are going to be a 5 spoke of some sort, keeping the BBS clean is a bit of a chore and I like them to look clean all the time.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
They're either lying about what they weigh or they're dangerously weak. Lightweight forged wheels weigh 18 pounds and they're $1000+ each. At the price they're selling for they aren't forged so there's no way they can safely make them that light.

Is it possible they meant 73 pounds per box?

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
i hate hate hate the R8 wheels on the GTI, like the Nurburgrings and like the Stocks.

Is it possible they meant 73 pounds per box?

I would say the wheels weighing 73lbs a piece is highly doubtful.... lol

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
It says they ship two wheels in a box, which sounds a bit off on its own. 73 pounds per wheel would definitely be ridiculous but between two wheels and packing material seems possible.