GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats your biggest pet peeve with you MKV

jwgti

Swirl Free
^^I have had that happen to me. I don't understand why though. It is fine in the morning but as the day progresses and I get back in my car, I have somehow "shrunk". :iono: Happens in other cars I drive too. Not a big deal though.

MrBooby

Chelsea FC!
Car(s)
cars
hahaha that's because you actually do shrink as the day progresses by about an inch I believe... it's a fact.

Maximum6

FASTER
Yea ...I know that...but I only have to adjust myself in the GTi

In other cars I don't need to do this.

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
+1

I always heard an average of a 1/2" though. It's from your spine compacting becasue of gravity trough out the day.

I think you'll find the other 1/2" comes from slouching by the end of the day.
Your posture is crap by day's end.

Uthor

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI - Pk1 - Silv
Do you have to adjust the seat back down in the morning? If so, it's you shrinking or slouching (I find myself getting lower and lower on long drives until I sit up and start the process over). If not, then maybe your seat is dropping by itself. I tend to adjust mine up about half a "click" every month or so.

Maximum6

FASTER
No..in the morning I leave it PERFECTLY set up.

End of the day ...once I get in the car..I don't notice I have shrunk. But after 5min driving...I would have to readjust myself on the seat so I can see the gauges better through the steering wheel.

The seats can't get any lower..cause its already at lowest setting. I did get the impression that the seat may move a bit lower over time if you used the "pump" to adjust the height.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
I did get the impression that the seat may move a bit lower over time if you used the "pump" to adjust the height.

I've experienced this, and it was because when I get out of the car, I swing my legs out and my thigh presses down on the "pump" lever. I remedied it by adjusting it where I want and removing the plastic handle. The structural metal of the lever is still there if I need to adjust the height, but it's not big/pervasive enough to move from my thigh resting on it.

operamatt

M&B Racing
Car(s)
2007 GTI
my friends a vw tech told me that he put the 021 update for the mk5 in my gti & that should cure the bass problem

but it's still there

is he b.s.'ing me or should my annoying bass problem be gone?

SagOisaTREE

Ready to race!
I used to hate the black streak that would run down the sides of the car from the weather stripping after it rained, but now I park in the garage so that problem is solved. I don't like how I have to unlock the car to open the hatch, I always just hit the trunk button and it won't open without being unlocked. That's about it, I've only had the car for 4 months, I'll check back when it gets a little older.

ArtVandelay

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't like how I have to unlock the car to open the hatch, I always just hit the trunk button and it won't open without being unlocked. That's about it, I've only had the car for 4 months, I'll check back when it gets a little older.

I think you have to hold the trunk button down for a couple seconds

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
I think you have to hold the trunk button down for a couple seconds

:word: That's true. I find it annoying, I want to click the hatch button just like I would click the unlock button to open the door.

I found a new one today. I went to add some oil, and there was junk collected around the edge of the oil fill hole. I couldn't see it until I removed the cap, and while removing the cap a little piece of crud fell in. At least it stayed right there and I was able to pick it out with my finger...

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
my friends a vw tech told me that he put the 021 update for the mk5 in my gti & that should cure the bass problem

but it's still there

is he b.s.'ing me or should my annoying bass problem be gone?

I had the radio in my GTI flashed in February and have not heard the bass flare ever since. Maybe I'm lucky. I've heard others report that theirs was not solved. Does your head unit have a clock on it now? That was a new feature in the update.