GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the best way to unlock iPhone?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Well, i recently got an iPhone 3G, and need to get it unlocked. what's the best way? I was told it has v4.1. BTW, yeah, i know, it's not the greatest now, but the price was right. :thumbsup:

i have baseband 05.14.02, i could not find an unlock for it.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
if you have 4.0 you can use jailbreakme just enter www.jailbreakme.com in your phones browser an follow instructions

how do i enter it into the phone? the person i got it from said that they did a restore or something, so it's basically blank. when i turn it on, it says something like, connect to itunes. i don't have an at&t sim, do i need one? :yikes:

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
no you dont need a sim card. you need to download a program(yellowsnow, redsnow etc etc) that works with your firmware. connect your iphone to your computer run the program and it'll unlock it. there are some videos on youtube that might help you jailbreak/unlock it.

mk5gtiguy

Pwaffle Champion
that link above works just did it for the first time on my 3gs and im running 4.1. Runs sooo much faster just uploaded a theme and completely changed the phones appearance looks pretty bad ass.

TN GTI

Volkswagger
that baseband hasn't been unlocked yet to my knowledge.
The iphone can be jailbroken with limera1n or resn0w I believe.
Lime ra1n is ridiculously easy, but I think with you needed to hacktivate you'll need redsn0w or pwnage tool in order to do it. If you connect to itunes it will want you to activate on att.