GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is RSMark5 working on now!?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Well, lets hope I have better luck with this one.

The 2 ton low pro didn't actually break. The brass bleeder at the top went bad. After purging the air from it the jack came back to life but quickly died again because its sucking in air from the bleeder. So going to grab another bleeder and new fluid and see what happens. Whats the worst that can happen?

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Whats the worst that can happen?

Be careful you don't jack off.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
that yard has a broken durango and broken dynasty

your shit already got did homie

all upside from there

Give it time. I'll find a bigger POS than a dynasty. Just you wait.

Hmmm, come to think of it what WOULD be a bigger POS than a dynasty?

1.) Pinto.
2.)Commie cars
3.) Bronco II?
....I'm already reaching. What do you think? What's a bigger POS than a dodge dynasty?

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Give it time. I'll find a bigger POS than a dynasty. Just you wait.

Hmmm, come to think of it what WOULD be a bigger POS than a dynasty?

1.) Pinto.
2.)Commie cars
3.) Bronco II?
....I'm already reaching. What do you think? What's a bigger POS than a dodge dynasty?

without including a yugo?

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Alright cleaning out the shop today and moving cars around. I'll update this post with more pics and video this afternoon.

Edit: I'm not going until later. So heres my update so far this weekend.

Realized since I'm posting here more I might as well take half decent pictures instead of on my potato phone. So i took some better snaps of things.

Woodgrain dash, crushed velour seats, rear defrost, you can almost smell the luxury from here.

Love this whole bench seat thing.

So anyway, wanted to take a couple snaps of the garage set up. Really all I ever post pics is of 1 angle.

Heres our tool boxes. Like I'm sure I've said some where else, Mike's dad has been mechanicing for for 50 or so years, professionally for 25ish of those years as well as working as a machinist, truck driver, and many different fields. So we have the luxury of having some of his tool collection at our disposal. The snap-on box is his and its STUFFED. Constantly finding new tools in that thing. The black Husky is our tool box and we mostly have odd speciality tools since we've never had a need to buy sockets or wrenches.

Heres our tool tray. The important stuff as you can see is on an old cookie sheet. If we have to go under a car we just carry it under there with us. If we are working on the top side of a car we just pull the whole cart over. Theres a lot of stuff that won't fit on the cart like the full ratcheting wrench set or 8mm-27mm, or the stubby box end wrenches, or all the half inch drive sockets. Its just the essentials.

This guy has been on jack stands for...months.

But this afternoon when theres time we're gonna drop it down and move it out finally when the Durango moves out.

Speaking of the Durango, FINALLY got all the bullshit worked out. It was one thing after another.

So yeah. Thats OMMgarage's update for now.

Last edited:

OMMGarage

Ready to race!

One thing is for sure about this dirty durango, it'll do a big ass smokey burnout. Yes I know I cheated and did this one in the rain but I didn't want to tear up the driveway.

So running Durango, great whats next? Fix the nasty interior.

Believe it or not, the passenger seat is the most ripped up? Its usually the other way around. I suspect it has something to do with the PO living in the car for a period.

Either way, GROSS. So out they go.

It took me 3 junkyards, and 4 different durangos to find a clean full set of these cloths that weren't ripped/faded/stained all to hell. Finally did find all 3 rows of seats though.

Next thing needed was a bit of an audio upgrade.

The factory stuff was so bad

So just a set of 4 Pioneer 6 1/2" door speakers, and a Clarion headunit with SD card input. Who the hell uses CD's anymore?

Not pictured was the fight we had with the windows. When I got it, none of the power windows worked. Replaced all 4 regulators and motors, and still couldn't get it to work, replaced the switches...nothing. Turns out it works like a string of christmas tree lights and if 1 part is unplugged, none of it works.

So next was the steering/suspension.

Shocks on all 4 corners, pitman arm, idler arm, upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, control arm bushings, swaybar bushings. Pretty much everything that could be replaced, was, and then got a good alignment.

The pitman arm that comes off the steering box was bad, the bushing inside of it was shot. So I ordered a new one from Rockauto, made by moog which is normally top quality stuff. Well the pitman arm has keyways cast in it to make sure you put it on in only 1 direction (technically could go in 4 but only works in 1). Anyway the Moog part was cast incorrectly by just a few degrees which was enough to cause the steering to go completely crazy. Crazy, I had never seen something like this before.

Last thing was I found a chrome grill from a later truck in the junkyard. So I picked it, ($15 or so). I think it makes the front end better, and lord knows this ugly hunk of shit needs all the help it can get.

Then finally, the tow pig was complete.

Also worked on making this POS run.

Turns out, it'd been sitting 7 years with a dead fuel pump.

Runs like a champ now. That 3.3L will do a hefty burn out. So, now it needs a couple tires and an state saftey inspection and its legal.

Also, I don't always picture everything thats in the shop because that would be ridiculous. No one wants to watch me fix a Caravan. But I like to take pics of noteable cars we pull in.

33k OG miles, elkhart green, 350ci 4sp. Thermostat housing was leaking like crazy and the Intake manifold gasket was shot too. Easy enough fix. He's coming back in the next couple weeks for us to rebuild those tricky flip up headlights. The work only about 50% of the time.

So yeah, thats my update.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I don't know enough people to actually work on other peoples cars, but I totally could once my pesky GTI is out of the way :lol:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Also, need some videos of the durango and the chrysler doing burnouts.