GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
Not today but this week I got my OBDeleven and Weathertech rear window rain guards. I did all the standard OBDeleven mods, but can't get the passenger mirror dip in reverse to work yet. I'll figure it out eventually.

I've had the front rain guards on for months now and I've had them on pretty much every car I've ever had since I used to smoke. Now I just like getting fresh air in the car. I didn't get the rear ones originally because I thought they used double sided tape to stick to the actual car, but they just have it on the inside of the window channel. They do bow out a bit, but they still look pretty good.
If you figure out the mirror dip please report back, I couldn't get mine to work either :( I activated every setting I could in that section (on Carista, though)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you figure out the mirror dip please report back, I couldn't get mine to work either :( I activated every setting I could in that section (on Carista, though)

It has to do with which module you have.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ok...how do I figure out which one I have? And what's the one I need?

I can't remember, but it's posted in one of the OBD11 threads. Either search or maybe someone in here knows which thread.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Not today but this week I got my OBDeleven and Weathertech rear window rain guards. I did all the standard OBDeleven mods, but can't get the passenger mirror dip in reverse to work yet. I'll figure it out eventually.
Does the mirror dip adjustment work on a stock NA car? Works great with my power folding mirrors but I've been trying to get it activated for my friend with a stock S and it's not sticking either. On my SE I didn't have to change the modules at all, but it only started working after I swapped in the power fold mirrors.

Last edited:

JSil13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Does the mirror dip adjustment work on a stock NA car? Works great with my power folding mirrors but I've been trying to get it activated for my friend with a stock S it's not sticking either. On my SE I didn't have to change the modules at all, but it only started working after I swapped in the power fold mirrors.
Yeah I'm pretty sure my SE isn't compatible with it. I did see this thread about it on the OBD11 forum
https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/1460/mirror-dip-compatible-build-daye

It would have been cool, but I don't think I want to switch out the mirrors.

cb1111

Does the mirror dip adjustment work on a stock NA car? Works great with my power folding mirrors but I've been trying to get it activated for my friend with a stock S and it's not sticking either. On my SE I didn't have to change the modules at all, but it only started working after I swapped in the power fold mirrors.
Nope. You need the power folding mirrors. Otherwise, you might get them to dip but they won't go back to where they were.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I had a 15 s manual And had the mirror dip working I had to leave the switch pointed to the passenger side mirror for it to work though.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Bought an OEM driver door latch and replaced this p.o.s.
20210710_122703.jpg

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Received and installed a high flow air filter. #ebayspecial

Attachments

• 20210712_170627.jpg
    20210712_170627.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
  • 20210712_173023.jpg
    20210712_173023.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 100

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
looks like the afe one kinda, dope
It utilized the lower airbox to front vent so still getting fresh air but truthfully the quality of the box mount is low.