GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Just the tips ✌🏼
67EF85A7-DAC8-41E5-BF9A-C63548E75058.jpeg

B51FF5FE-DAED-408F-8B37-5C58178357F7.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Picked up some RS3 brake ducts today to fit this weekend. Surprisingly cheap! Will see how they go in terms of adding break dust.

What do you mean by aiding brake dust?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The air directed towards the brakes thanks to the rs3 air deflectors should make wheels more dirty

I think that’s what he meant
Why would that make the wheels more dirty? Seems like that would blow the dust off more.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'll take your word for it. I've never had any.
As far as deflectors, not sure if they get your wheels dirty too. But that British dude said it got his wheels dirty, and that British dude has never seemed to be full of shit. His info has always been pretty spot on. So I choose to believe him.

but ducting will absolutely make a mess. It’s terribly stupid.

edit: that British dude = @golfdave

sorry Dave.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
As far as deflectors, not sure if they get your wheels dirty too. But that British dude said it got his wheels dirty, and that British dude has never seemed to be full of shit. His info has always been pretty spot on. So I choose to believe him.

but ducting will absolutely make a mess. It’s terribly stupid.

edit: that British dude = @golfdave

sorry Dave.
I wasn't getting them I just didn't understand how it made the wheels dirtier. I can see where they would be beneficial for racing.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I wasn't getting them I just didn't understand how it made the wheels dirtier. I can see where they would be beneficial for racing.
My neighbor has a rs. With white tsw wheels

his rear wheels after a track day look clean. His front wheels however… they’re fucked! I personally wouldn’t go for ducts. That’s track car shit that I’m not willing to live with. But that’s just my opinion. Other folks that can deal with that, more power to them 😂 it’s a good trade off if I had a dedicated track car again.

I wouldn’t mind deflectors. Maybe.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My neighbor has a rs. With white tsw wheels

his rear wheels after a track day look clean. His front wheels however… they’re fucked! I personally wouldn’t go for ducts. That’s track car shit that I’m not willing to live with. But that’s just my opinion. Other folks that can deal with that, more power to them 😂 it’s a good trade off if I had a dedicated track car again.

I wouldn’t mind deflectors. Maybe.
Temporary thread derailment. I'm sorry my Phoenix Suns are turning your Denver Nuggets into gold dust.
😂