GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Getting stage 1 done today finally ! I'm feeling exited

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
Ordered and recieved the 034Motorsports subframe mount inserts. Also ordered a fuel pressure sensor and a new purge valve.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
lowered it

You want some 8mm spacers for that? I got 4 H&R's and longer bolts too...

If you are staying with that size wheel they will look sweet with that set-up. I too have H&R SS's, but before with those wheels and spacers it looked tight and no rubbing. With the wider wheels I have now they didn't work. I only wish I had pics of the old set-up, but I didn't begin taking pics until the new wheels went on ;|

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I need to find one more oem 18" Detroit...like a fool I sold one to someone that stopped me on the street, begging me to sell him one cuz he scraped one of his badly ;[ And I did...now, once in a while I want to change it up, but can't. Dammit!

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Went stage 1 ! Does a remap change behaviour of the dsg. It seems to hold low longer when taking foot off the gas

markcaughey

Ready to race!
...Review?...when you finally stop driving it of course ;p

Definitely more power but not amazing amounts. Saying that I've not had time to get a good shot of it

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
You want some 8mm spacers for that? I got 4 H&R's and longer bolts too...

If you are staying with that size wheel they will look sweet with that set-up. I too have H&R SS's, but before with those wheels and spacers it looked tight and no rubbing. With the wider wheels I have now they didn't work. I only wish I had pics of the old set-up, but I didn't begin taking pics until the new wheels went on ;|

Thanks, but I'm going to have to pass until I can figure out why my drivers side is ~1-1.5mm lower than my passenger side :iono: The spring on the passenger side was installed upside down...

EDIT: Passenger side is 24.75 FTG and drivers side is 24.25 FTG.. Again, passenger side spring is installed upside down.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Went stage 1 ! Does a remap change behaviour of the dsg. It seems to hold low longer when taking foot off the gas

No...shouldn't be any difference on the dsg. Little more explanation of its behavior please...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Definitely more power but not amazing amounts. Saying that I've not had time to get a good shot of it

You'll really notice most of its new power in the lower gears as it tends to be weak at higher speeds and the upper revs.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Thanks, but I'm going to have to pass until I can figure out why my drivers side is ~1-1.5mm lower than my passenger side :iono: The spring on the passenger side was installed upside down...

EDIT: Passenger side is 24.75 FTG and drivers side is 24.25 FTG.. Again, passenger side spring is installed upside down.
No, I'd rather hang on to them. Like I said...I want to find a fourth wheel more than I'd like to get rid of the spacers for that oem look once in a while ;p
OK, so 1/2" lower on the drivers side...and the springs are now oriented correctly on both sides? If it is still upside down take it back in and spin it around cuz that is a definite issue on the way it sits on the spring perch.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Ready to race!
No, I'd rather hang on to them. Like I said...I want to find a fourth wheel more than I'd like to get rid of the spacers for that oem look once in a while ;p
OK, so 1/2" lower on the drivers side...and the springs are now oriented correctly on both sides? If it is still upside down take it back in and spin it around cuz that is a definite issue on the way it sits on the spring perch.

Car ever been wrecked? It could even be as simple as misaligned body panels. Ftg isn't a good metric for actual ride height. Measure your wheelbase, left and right, and measure the distance from the top of the knuckle to the bottom of the strut mount.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R

The springs are being put back in the correct way tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Also, H&R Supersports are fairly symmetrical in the front so I'm wondering if it will even make a difference...

Car ever been wrecked? It could even be as simple as misaligned body panels. Ftg isn't a good metric for actual ride height. Measure your wheelbase, left and right, and measure the distance from the top of the knuckle to the bottom of the strut mount.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

This is a good point, the car was in a bit of a fender bender at some point and the entire passenger side needed repainting/replacing of panels.. I never noticed my ride height to be uneven at stock height however, but this might be harder to notice just by looking since its 4 metres off the ground when stock.