GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
I need your brakes, grill, mirror caps, and tail lights ? Are those just black mirror covers?

Brakes are TT-RS front (370x32) and Golf R rear (310x22); the grill is painted (the red lines I mean, painted in body color); mirror caps are stock (gloss black from factory, car is an Edition 35 GTI); tail lights are stock, dark cherry LED I think :D

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Cleaned and re-oiled my air filter. Neuspeed filter but as far as I can tell it's pretty much just a K&N so I used the K&N kit. There's always so much anxiety- "Is that enough oil? Too much? Not enough?"
Yes, I had one of those, with an intake, got rid of it eventually, too nerve-wracking. Could never figure out how much oil, and the dire warnings of damaging the MAF if you used too much. A friend of mine did damage his MAF on his Audi, had to replace it. I finally figured out paper ones a lot easier and less hassle, I put the factory intake back on. Didn't notice much difference in performance anyway.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i clean my MAF everytime i swap filters every 10k or so, just in case. easy enough.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Woke up this morning excited to buy my IE parts on their black friday sale. Wow. What a disappointment. I may just spend the extra money and go APR now.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I was going to buy their K04 and intercooler. Both of which were discounted last black Friday and again in the spring. This year they put basically nothing on sale and the sales they do have are pathetic (often not even 10% off).

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I finally figured out paper ones a lot easier and less hassle, I put the factory intake back on. Didn't notice much difference in performance anyway.
THis... i had bought a CAI off a member here when i was going to add downpipe + K04.., since I didn't add either i kept on reading and not sure if it's 100% or not but read in a forum that the stock air box was good for at least 325hp? Is that true?
I don't care about hearing the whoosh cause my stereo is usually deep in the bass anyway. ??

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Try modded euros or similar. The intercooler is 20% off and the turbo is 10%off. No sale prices on the IE site, it says only through dealer network.
If you know what site any of this stuff is discounted at please share. I've checked USP, ModdedEuros, UroTuning, IE, ECS.

torga

Autocross Champion
I thought APR's sale was a joke, but then USP randomly had a 10% discount code that stacked, so I effectively got 19-20% off. Unfortunately that one only lasted for a few days last week and not much was on sale yet. It's almost as if they planned it that way ?
The best sales are those in-house brands. Spulen stuff is ~40% off on USP and ECS has their in-house brands with steep discounts and the Schwaben tools at ~40% off. But ECS also jacked up the price of their DKM clutches by ~$80, then announced a 10% discount on them - that was scummy.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I thought APR's sale was a joke, but then USP randomly had a 10% discount code that stacked, so I effectively got 19-20% off. Unfortunately that one only lasted for a few days last week and not much was on sale yet. It's almost as if they planned it that way ?
The best sales are those in-house brands. Spulen stuff is ~40% off on USP and ECS has their in-house brands with steep discounts and the Schwaben tools at ~40% off. But ECS also jacked up the price of their DKM clutches by ~$80, then announced a 10% discount on them - that was scummy.
Yea, that USP extra 10% was nice. Had I known that IE's sale would be sooo shit I would have used that 10% on the IE stuff. I may call USP and see if they'll give me a discount on it.