GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water/Meth Injection and Catch Can in Winter

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Looking at buying another mkv gti that has water/meth and a catch can. I know its summer now but in the winter is it safe? As in when its -30 C (-22F) is the catch can going to freeze. Reading through different threads it looks like if you empty it every week/ couple days you'll be ok, opinions? Also for Meth, I know it can be shut off, is this advisable in the winter? Will the pump freeze? Thanks

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
winshield washer fluid is basically w/m with added cleaning solvents, so yes its safe.

I run w/m so I can DD on my 100 octane tune, in the winter time I dont need that power so I run my 91 octane tune and disable the "full" spray on my progressive Devils Own kit.

As for the CC you just need to monitor it frequently so make sure the can doesnt fill up. Its also worth noting that the lines should be routed so there are no low spots that can collect condensation and freeze up.

ddriver3487

Still broke...
Car(s)
O8 GTI
I just went through hell this winter with my CC. It was my first winter running it and didn't increase the frequency draining it out. Ended up blowing oil all over my engine bay. Everything was alright but man did I think I blew my engine up. I would say every couple days is best.