GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wanting to add Ipod connection but have Sat Nav already please Help

Thomas-uk

Hello Everyone,

I have just purchased a 55 Reg Mk 5 Golf GT TDI at weekend and it has a factory fitted Sat Nav with built in 6 disk multi changer. It also has a nokia blue tooth connection kit fitted which is the size of a pound coin located in center console.

What I want is to be able to play my ipod through the existing Sat Nav. I believe that the Mk 6 was released with a Media port.

What are my options to make my setup work with an Ipod? any part numbers would be appreciated.

Tom

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Hello Everyone,

I have just purchased a 55 Reg Mk 5 Golf GT TDI at weekend and it has a factory fitted Sat Nav with built in 6 disk multi changer. It also has a nokia blue tooth connection kit fitted which is the size of a pound coin located in center console.

What I want is to be able to play my ipod through the existing Sat Nav. I believe that the Mk 6 was released with a Media port.

What are my options to make my setup work with an Ipod? any part numbers would be appreciated.

Tom
Never heard of a VW "Sat Nav with built in 6 disk multi changer". Did you mean it has an option external CD multi changer?
Do not think there is a media port on VW sat nav prior to the RNS-510. Which model of sat/nave do you have?

The MFD2 DVD minimally supports iPod by treating it like it is a CD changer,
and as such, replaces the media bay armrest mounted CD changer included with the MFD2 DVD.
Inexpensive easy swap - see this -> VW golf cd changer removal & ipod dock install