GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wagner Tuning 2.0TFSI Intercooler -Install, Review and Performance Comparion

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
could you redo the graphs using RPM as the x-axis and temp as the y-axis?

great review though!

Thanks!

The RPM is already on the x-axis, and the IATs already on the y-axis (left). The y-axis on the right shows RPMs again, but is used only for the RPM vs. frames plot. Because every data point captured within VCDS corresponds to a unique RPM reading, the RPM plot could be read as RPM on the y-axis (right) and data frame on the x-axis.

For the IAT plot, it references the temperature values on the y-axis (left) and the RPMs on the x-axis.

Sorry if this wasn't more clear! I guess I should have labelled the axes.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Ok, just updated the review now.

1) Added additional comparison criteria for the intercooler table, and added the THS intercooler as a comparison point too.

2) Added axes labels to plots

3) Resized pictures

Also worth mentioning - I just got upgraded to APR Stage 2+ two days ago. Would be nice to see how the intercooler performs with the new tune and fueling solution.

skateboy___918

Ready to race!
Thanks!

The RPM is already on the x-axis, and the IATs already on the y-axis (left). The y-axis on the right shows RPMs again, but is used only for the RPM vs. frames plot. Because every data point captured within VCDS corresponds to a unique RPM reading, the RPM plot could be read as RPM on the y-axis (right) and data frame on the x-axis.

For the IAT plot, it references the temperature values on the y-axis (left) and the RPMs on the x-axis.

Sorry if this wasn't more clear! I guess I should have labelled the axes.

When graphing, the X-axis should start from a value and INCREASE in value as it goes to the right, WITH NO VALUE BEING REPEATED

If you look at your graph, your x-axis start at 2xxx and goes to 45xx then jump down and up as it goes to the right.

Either way, here is some data I dug up of the S3 IC, if you can graph your data like this, I think it will be a lot easier to follow and compare :thumbsup:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 13,233

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Ah, ok, I see what you meant. I separated the 7 runs into 7 separate series on the same graph. Of course, since no RPM value is repeated, the data shows strictly IATs logged with throttle input only (no data points with coasting or braking).

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Could be that the IC itself and plumbing is being cooled slightly by the cooled air from the first few runs. It could be warmed significantly above ambient if the car was sitting in the sun or simply not being driven fast to get good airflow in the engine bay and the heat of the engine was baking everything. Just a hypothesis - could be complete crap.

Slothy

Distrusts the trustworthy
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks for the good data. W/r to graph, I think that's actually RPM & IAT vs Time, time being the x-axis, but with RPM indicated along the bottom to provide an exact value for the data points indicated in the RPM plot.

Regardless, it works well to convey the information and easily compare sequential runs.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
If it werent so pricey and I didnt have an s3 and wm already i would spring for this. Would probably gain hp from the increased flow alone not to mention pressure drop, especially on a ko4

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Ok, more pics below:

Relative size and front view of intercooler

Top view and weight of intercooler

IC Hoses (4 ply) with stepped coupling

Last edited:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Can you do a closer clear picture of the fins please