GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW convert-- from b6 a4 to mark 5 gti

VWconvert

ozone killer..
Car(s)
06 gti
Hey guys. Just got my mark 5 GTI this week and I absolutely love it. Totally different from my audi a4.
Just a couple of questions. Who has the best intake and diverter valve for the gti. I want abnoxious sound but quality components. I searched but found a lot of dated data. I know there are newer products out there. Thanks

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
FSI or TSI?

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I love my EVOMS V-Flo.... makes some pretty cool noises as I go in and out of boost, but it's not annoying at all (to me). Forge has a new Twintake out that looks like a monster.

From what I've gathered, the newest OEM DV is finally bulletproof... revision D. Not sure about the best sounding aftermarket valve... but the Forge DV and EJ grenade are pretty popular and well reviewed.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
For obnoxious sound, go with the Neuspeed. It is by far the loudest of all the intakes I've tried, and I'd hazard to guess its louder than the Evoms.

For loud BOV sounds, the intake takes care of most of it. I'm currently running the neuspeed intake and the AWE relocate kit (reuses stock DV) and this set-up is very loud. If you want even louder, I'd go with the Forge spacer on the OEM rev D valve - probably the cleanest and easier blow-off. But try it without the spacer first, at least that way you won't be a ricer.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
yeah stick with the oem dv till it tears and then get the newest oem revision (if you don't already have it). for obnoxius sound you can get a spacer. i have a neuspeed intake and i don't think it's that loud.

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
1. DV get a revision "D" Stock valve. Its a piston Design like aftermarkets only it's better and way cheaper. Most here will agree with this.

2. Intakes are not big Power gainers so make sure you are chipped first. Aside from that the BSH true seal is #1 on my christmas list unless the new Forge twin-take comes in at a fair price whice I believe might pull some ore power from this motor. Again Intakes will not net you much if any gains though.

3. Get a DP and just get a stage 2 flash and you will be set.

I had a B6 A4 which I loved. Got a B7 A4 wich i love even more and thought was so hot and the shit. Still own the AUDI and added a GTI. Disgustinly better and faster in stock form. I love this car so much more and hate when I am forced to drive the A4.