GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Announced DSG/Mechatronic Recall 07-09

tneconni

Ready to race!
I just called my VW service department and they say my 07 GTI w/ dsg isn't affected by the current recall.

I have had my dsg's mechatronic replaced earlier this year, would this be why? But then the shitstorm about brand spanking new dsg's failing emerged so how could they tell me my car isn't part of this group if VWoA has a recall now affecting 07's?

EvilCookie

Ready to race!
All I can say is its about damn time. I've been to two separate dealerships 3 separate times for this problem and they never fixed it. I'd always get handed the keys and be told everything is 'normal'. Very grateful VWOA is extending the warranty, now we can have some piece of mind.

VWRedux and all others who filed reports/participated in getting this to happen, we thank you!

Chris@RT

Banned
oh wow...guess they got called out on the temp. sensor bullshit

Two entirely different issues no one got called on anything because the temp sensor recall still stands and is its own issue.

This is like if it was a recall on an accord and a recall on a 3 series.. its that different, one has nothing to do with the other.

Chris@RT

Banned
I just called my VW service department and they say my 07 GTI w/ dsg isn't affected by the current recall.

This was just issued yesterday they probably heard 07 and said no thinking you were calling about the previously issued recall. Call back end of next week and you will more than likely get a different answer. It probably is not even coming up in their system yet.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I just (2 weeks ago) bought a used 2007 GTI w/DSG. It was built late 2007. Since I'm not sure what it's supposed to act like, how would I know? It creeps OK, but I get a little hesitation when I give it gas. But I did drive a few new ones at the dealer during the past few years, and they also drove like that. I'll check on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts at WOT today.

Please tell me one thing, though - in "S", when I accelerate hard, then let off the throttle, it hangs in gear until the car slows down. Is this normal?

MURFDAWG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Mechatronics supplier

I wonder why the 08/09's were so heavily affected compared to the 06/07 model years. I speculate that VW may have sourced the Mechatronics unit from a different supplier, Anyone have an idea on this??

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup:

Are they gonna send out "recall letters" or do you just bring your car in??

I'm gonna print this out when I go back to work...I'll be putting mine in the garage (for fall/winter) around October and start driving my Jeep again..so I hope to get taken care of...since I did have that issue when I first got it..not wanting to go into %^$*# reverse.....

Last edited:

THE_SilverBullet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Thank God they finally announced a recall, officially! As some might know, theres multiple posts about this problem and with the help of some others, I was able to get mine fixed under warrant. Only had the car 4 months now, but the problem first happened when I had 1100 miles on it. I cant help but think I had a tiny bit to do with the recall, only because I officially notified NHTSA about it and the responded back asking for me to send them my service invoices and I did, as well as about 10-12 pages of printouts from members on here about having the same problem. Thank God its official! The first dealer I brought it to, had it 2 days and couldnt find or duplicate the problem. Went to a different dealer a week later and within 1 hour, they found I had a faulty trans. temp sensor and replaced it the next day! Needless to say, I wont ever go back to the dealer I bought it from since they are some incompetent MOFO's!

TN GTI

Volkswagger
My problems on my 07 GTI DSG are:

-In drive, hesitation when release brake pedal; kind of like a clutch slipping but no gas :iono

-Jerk from 2nd to 3rd when sudden acceleration. maybe 1st to 2nd as well

-Hesitation when pressing on gas slightly after shifting from reverse to drive

I might have a a couple more, but can't think of any right now.. anybody have similar problems or know what Im talking about?
Will test it out again tomorrow and report some more.. Hopefully I will "qualify" in this recall and get that 10yr/100k warranty

That's exactly the same with mine.

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
My problems on my 07 GTI DSG are:

-In drive, hesitation when release brake pedal; kind of like a clutch slipping but no gas :iono

-Jerk from 2nd to 3rd when sudden acceleration. maybe 1st to 2nd as well

-Hesitation when pressing on gas slightly after shifting from reverse to drive

I might have a a couple more, but can't think of any right now.. anybody have similar problems or know what Im talking about?
Will test it out again tomorrow and report some more.. Hopefully I will "qualify" in this recall and get that 10yr/100k warranty

I get the same too here and there. But I've had my fair share of some weird issues that happened. One time I was at a complete stop then I accelerated slowly (was in Drive) and as it was upshifting, it felt like it was burning the clutch and got this big wif of the clutch. I was like whoa that was weird. Right now I have about 43k on the car and still have to do the DSG flush.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Sucks for us who have 06's we seem to not be in any of the DSG talks.

If I were you, I'd be happy about that. I can understand where you're coming from, but it's not like VW is going to be doling out new 10/100k warranties to each and every owner of an 07-09 car. I hope I'm one of them though.:biggrin: