GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Announced DSG/Mechatronic Recall 07-09

kyle

Go Kart Champion
VW stepped it up with a voluntary recall. Extended warranty as well...pretty impressive IMO.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
oh wow...guess they got called out on the temp. sensor bullshit

fjowner

Ready to race!
Ha! At first i was gonna rip on ya kyle because i thought it was just another repost on the other recall. Glad i read it through.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Ha! At first i was gonna rip on ya kyle because i thought it was just another repost on the other recall. Glad i read it through.

Ha...yeah I was over at vortex and saw it. Did a quick look here to see if anyone had posted it before I did.

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
"The company will also extend the transmission warranty of all vehicles involved to 10-years, 100,000 miles."

Now that's what I'm talkin about! That's piece of mind right there...finally.

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
mother fucking A.. extended tranny warranty.. you fuckin betta VW.. YOU HEAR ME DAMMIT.

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
I was just ranting about the warranty. But I'm just relieved that VW is extending to 100k.. man. That's a really big relief

SentraSR20

Car(s)
2008 GTI 4-Door
So, if I have a Mechatronic unit on backorder right now, do I get the extended warranty as well?

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I was hoping for something a little longer than 100k on the warranty, I already paid for an extended warranty when I bought the car.

I just had the mechatronics unit replaced about 6 weeks ago, but I'm having some rough shifts in D still at half throttle :(

Scharf

VW stepped it up with a voluntary recall. Extended warranty as well...pretty impressive IMO.

No shit. Makes me happy I bought from a company who cares about their stuff.