GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vegas needs its own Spotted Thread.

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI - MoonMan
Thanks everyone-

So far I have votes for South Point, Red Rock, and somewhere in between. Right now, I'm leaning toward 215 and Rainbow. Walmart has a MASSIVE parking lot, where there's sure to be a section with nobody around. Tomorrow, I have the day off and plan to go scope out a few locations. There should be a final plan no later then Friday.

Does anyone have a preferred day of the week? Out of respect for Sin City Euros, I won't do Sundays. I'm working retail right now, so weekends are tough, but not impossible, and I have these retarded meetings on Tuesdays. Any input is appreciated.

Cheers-
Mark

ep1kGTI

i live where you vacation
gl with the meets its dead now especially when its cold outside, i live by the walmart on rainbow and 215, security patrols the lot not sure how friendly they'll be never hurt to try

theres a complex on jones and 215 by starbucks might be a good spot at night if walmart doesn't fall through, no security atleast to my knowledge.

meets are hard to do with mkv/euros really don't know why maybe we're just lazy lol

spotted a candy white mkv at chinatown park infront of tea planet probably no one here since it was just stock

spoon

gl with the meets its dead now especially when its cold outside, i live by the walmart on rainbow and 215, security patrols the lot not sure how friendly they'll be never hurt to try

Good thinking. When we first moved the meats to their current location in Monterey, the cops rolled by once or twice to ask if everything was okay. Now they just roll by.

Also, during inclement weather we'll cruise out to the mall where they have a covered parking garage + many food destinations. The security there took a while to warm up to us, but now we're all buddies!

It really helps the situation by keeping your speed down, not revving your engine much, and doing absolutely ZERO burnouts, lol. Burnouts are a surefire way to get a meet killed. It'll mean a ton to the local authorities when they see a group of enthusiasts that can hang out, have fun, and respect the area while doing so. :thumbsup:

Salty VW

Ready to race!
It really helps the situation by keeping your speed down, not revving your engine much, and doing absolutely ZERO burnouts, lol. Burnouts are a surefire way to get a meet killed. It'll mean a ton to the local authorities when they see a group of enthusiasts that can hang out, have fun, and respect the area while doing so. :thumbsup:

It also helps to patronize your local businesses. In other words, if you're hangin' out in front of a Starbucks, go buy some coffee. If you're hiding from the weather at the mall parking garage, go grab a slice from the food court. They will rarely kick you out once they realize that you mean money for the local businesses.

And don't freak out when security or the police roll by. A lot of times they just want to make sure that it's a legit car meet and not some street races about or a fight about to happen. At Spoon pointed out, eventually the locals authorities and businesses will get to know you guys and more or less leave you alone. :thumbsup:

GOLfAh

V/ IsLaNd bOi V/
gl with the meets its dead now especially when its cold outside, i live by the walmart on rainbow and 21

Doood you live right by me by rainbow russel lol! Hey you still selling those wheels lmk dawggg!

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
I forgot...I spotted a TR MKV GTI turning right off of Spencer and onto Pebble I think it was like 2 days ago, idk.

Then this morning I spotted a 4 door grey MK6 GTI on Eastern going into the Las Vegas Athletic Club parking lot...and then 2 seconds later, a 2 door BMP MKV GTI getting off the 215 turning north onto Eastern.

Oh and there's a 2dr UG MKV Rabbit for sale on the corner of Spencer and Pebble.

lol i see a lot of VW's now.