GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ugly Front License Plate (How did you fix it?)

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have mine in my window held on with suction cups. For the first three or four years I never even had a front plate and never got pulled over except for this one town...they pulled me over three times for no plate. They said if I at least put it in the window they would stop pulling me over...so I did...and the stopped.

As for the F'd ↑ upper grille you got that's poorly drilled...scrap it and buy a new one...then relocate the front plate whether it's in the window or a tow-hook mount.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
IMO if you live in a state that requires a front plate, better bite the bullet and just deal with it. Here in MO we have to have a front plate. I just have a tinted cover and got a new bracket with the old on faded.

I don't want to mess around and give someone a reason to stop me. Not saying I do anything illegal however I will say I play on several beer league softball teams. Last thing I need is a DUI all because I wanted a cleaner front end. Just my opinion......

For the OP....I'd just get a new OEM bracket, tinted plastic cover and leave it alone.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I would check on the tinted plate cover legalities...I ran a plate once on the front grille but I also added a lightly tinted cover, all to appease that town's PoPo,...and they pulled me over for that too...even though I had the same set up on our other vehicle that is driven through that town more often than the GTI is. I have had no trouble with it stuck in the window....:thumbsup:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I forgot to knock on wood after my last post...and was pulled over in my town for it in the window. Officers were mad that day because they were made to work extra due to the County Fair. I went to town early one evening and there were cops everywhere and I noticed the Fair going on. One decided to pull me over. He asked about it and I said the wrong thing. Instead of saying the plate is in the front and asked him where was he when he saw where I had it mounted, I remarked on how the dealership told me they weren't allowed to mount it on the bumper. I would've fought it in court; saying it is in the front...as per the wording in the law "...B) Plates must be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle if two plates are required. C) The plates must be in plain view and so as to be read easily by the public." He obviously saw my plate from the front...and I would've taken in this pic blown up and its mounting meets requirements B & C;
13308742_10204724487151192_5864585102848047326_o.jpg