GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

two random cylinders misfired today, but my car drove perfectly normal all day..

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
i woke up this morning and as soon as i turned on my car. my check engine light was on!! i was curious of why so i took it to the guys at the shop where i get most of my stuff done (euro auto tuning in miami, fl) they hooked it up to the vag and they found RANDOM/MULTIPLE CYLINDERS MISFIRE on cylinder 2 & 3.. i have no idea how that could be cause the whole day my car was running fine. it'd idled normal it didnt stall not once, not never and the car was pulling hard on every gear.. right now im running stage 1 apr 93 oct on BP fuel. idk why this happened, but they guys at the shop said it could be bad fuel, moist, humidity going into the coil pack or maybe running the car too hard on a very, very low fuel tank.
some feed back would be much appreciated.

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
lol.. fuck i hope its not that, but if it is will the warranty cover it..
can it be something else besides the coils?

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
i changed mine between 15k to 16k miles. So don't be that surprised cause changing all four plus changing the spark plugs is a lot better. Also, if you have the check engine light on then they will change it if you do not then they won't. That is what happened to my dealer and I go to esserman.

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
i changed mine between 15k to 16k miles. So don't be that surprised cause changing all four plus changing the spark plugs is a lot better. Also, if you have the check engine light on then they will change it if you do not then they won't. That is what happened to my dealer and I go to esserman.

you changed all of them when you hit 15k or every 15k you change them again?

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
i took it in to the shop tyoday and they erased the check engine light, so i guess ill just wait untill it comes back again.. thas if it comes back again

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
i woke up this morning and as soon as i turned on my car. my check engine light was on!! i was curious of why so i took it to the guys at the shop where i get most of my stuff done (euro auto tuning in miami, fl) they hooked it up to the vag and they found RANDOM/MULTIPLE CYLINDERS MISFIRE on cylinder 2 & 3.. i have no idea how that could be cause the whole day my car was running fine. it'd idled normal it didnt stall not once, not never and the car was pulling hard on every gear.. right now im running stage 1 apr 93 oct on BP fuel. idk why this happened, but they guys at the shop said it could be bad fuel, moist, humidity going into the coil pack or maybe running the car too hard on a very, very low fuel tank.
some feed back would be much appreciated.

what year GTI do you have? and hows euro auto tunning? How much did they charge u for the apr? Sorry for the OT reply just looking for a good shop in miami that does apr that are not rip offs. :thumbsup:

Back on topic: only 2k miles and a check engine light? damn......do you have the stock spark plugs?

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
Mine did the exact same thing, and its been running fine if not better than it was before! Haha. That was early last week, the code's no longer there and it hasnt happened since.

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
what year GTI do you have? and hows euro auto tunning? How much did they charge u for the apr? Sorry for the OT reply just looking for a good shop in miami that does apr that are not rip offs. :thumbsup:

Back on topic: only 2k miles and a check engine light? damn......do you have the stock spark plugs?

its a late 2007 model i just bought it like a month ago.. they charged me $599.99 for the stock, and 93 oct program. i live in kendall and they're located at miami springs so imaging the drive every time, but its worth it man. they treat me really good and they take care of me aswell. they're good people man, check them out for yourself..
yea i do have the stock spark plugs? why?

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
Nothin... It happened while i was driving, it went into limp mode for a few seconds then went back to normal. Checked the codes when i got home and it hasnt happened since.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
its a late 2007 model i just bought it like a month ago.. they charged me $599.99 for the stock, and 93 oct program. i live in kendall and they're located at miami springs so imaging the drive every time, but its worth it man. they treat me really good and they take care of me aswell. they're good people man, check them out for yourself..
yea i do have the stock spark plugs? why?

I heard that people get better results and less issues with NGK Iridiums 1 step colder than stock. And since your chipped it'll help, I really doubt its the coil packs at 2k miles but you never know. Start with the cheaper stuff first, NGK.

Do you have a mod-friendly dealer? Maybe they can help, I know that I went to Esserman Acura for them to look at some minor problem I had with my RSX and they said nothing about my aftermarket intake, exhaust, and clifford Remote start alarm. Maybe Esserman VW might be the same... :iono:

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Nothin... It happened while i was driving, it went into limp mode for a few seconds then went back to normal. Checked the codes when i got home and it hasnt happened since.

mines didnt do go into a limp mode.. i woke this morning and i turned it on and there it was the famous check engine light staring at me lol so i drove like that all day untill now.. i got it vaged and erased the code and havent seen it since 4pm today its been 5 hours since i last saw it..
i hope it doesnt come back again