GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT/S3 alloy arms & swivels Thread

JRutter

old man

JRutter

old man
Anyone know if I can re-use the WALK aluminum brackets with the TT rubber bushings and keep my tiny bit of extra caster and lose the feel of the poly?

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Tyrolsport will sell their mystery inner tie rods for $140 and that should let you run Passat spindles and TT LCAs and also TT spindles and Passat or TT LCAs i think. I guess the whole tie rod issue is simply one of total length for increased track width?

I'm also confused on the TT spindles and track width. Tyrolsport says that the TT spindles alone will increase the track width. But the APR's bolt-on version claims to not increase track width. ?? I can't imagine what APR is doing to allow the stock GTI tie rods to reach and not increase track width.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Anyone know if I can re-use the WALK aluminum brackets with the TT rubber bushings and keep my tiny bit of extra caster and lose the feel of the poly?

I'd bet they will. Keep in mind those do fit both GTI and TT:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=W53196

And I surely know these bushes are the same shape as the ones which
come with the WALK.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Can somebody with an ETKA check that out?

I have all the files for the ETKA but havent installed it yet, I guess I shall attempt that this weekend.

There isn't enough detail/information to figure something like that out. Fwiw the picture in etka for a golf looks like the "unknown" part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Can somebody with an ETKA check that out?

I have all the files for the ETKA but havent installed it yet, I guess I shall attempt that this weekend.

Where did you get ETKA at? A Torrent????

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
golf/passat/cc/tiguan all use the same inner tie rod. I wonder if the longer Tyrol version is a Taureg tie rod. It looks similar when i google image search it, but who knows.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
I thought you don't need to use a different tie rod for the passat spindles as they don't change any geometry of the suspension.

Halvie

WOOSA
Tyrolsport will sell their mystery inner tie rods for $140 and that should let you run Passat spindles and TT LCAs and also TT spindles and Passat or TT LCAs i think. I guess the whole tie rod issue is simply one of total length for increased track width?

I'm also confused on the TT spindles and track width. Tyrolsport says that the TT spindles alone will increase the track width. But the APR's bolt-on version claims to not increase track width. ?? I can't imagine what APR is doing to allow the stock GTI tie rods to reach and not increase track width.

What sort of increase are they saying the tt spindles cause? It could be a mm or two, but I didnt' notice a visual difference going from passat to tt. Nothing like doing the aluminum rear spindles. Blatantly obvious the rears increase track width.

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
^he said 20-25mm additional track width with just TT spindles... its not adding up though because he said the TT LCAs will add some track width too depending on camber setting. And we know the total TT track width is 26mm greater than the GTI.

So either that is wrong or APR is fixing the track width problem. I'm kinda thinking he's wrong.

Talguy, according to Tyrol, you only need new tie rod ends if you need more tid rod length. You'd want more length if you extended the track width with TT spindles and/or LCAs. If you use Passat spindles with GTI or Passat LCAs, you don't need them since the track width is unchanged.

JRutter

old man
Anyone know of an option for a longer tie rod end? We just wrapped up the install and just eyeballing the alignment, there is only about 20mm of threads engaged.

I get a real alignment in the morning, so I will know better how many threads are inside the end.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
I'd say 20 mm is sufficient.

JRutter

old man
Thanks - We had to back off close to 20mm, so I was a little nervous. The car is really carving at whatever camber is there now.

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter
TT MK 2 hubs and lower control arms fitted to Mk V GTI

As i have this setup fitted to my car i will try to enlightened you a bit.
The information to do this was given to me by Alex @ AKStuning in the UK which has the same setup (almost) on his Skoda Octavia Vrs.

The TT mk 2 hubs in itself gives a wider track unless it's been modified from OEM spec.

As i had all three setup laying at the same time i took some pictures and tried to measure them

S3 and TT compared

S3/Passat

TT mk 2

The lower control arms

TT arm being shorter than the other ones

Hubs